D.A.R.T. Pro - Device safely removes Taser darts

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Device safely removes Taser darts

Clark County startup company Global Pathogen Solutions Inc. has invented a device to safely remove stun gun darts and cut the risk of infection to emergency workers that could boost business for three Southwest Washington manufacturers.

Paramedic and firefighter Carson Linker founded the company in 2005 after he noticed his colleagues at Portland Fire & Rescue were nervous about getting stuck by Taser darts that police officers had used to subdue unruly subjects.

Read more!

Has anyone seen or used one of these?

reaper

Working Bum
Never really seen a need for it. Grap the prong, twist back and forth and pull out. Then dispose of them!

NJN

The Young One
Tasers are banned in New Jersey, so i don't have to ever deal with them. Although I do suppose some persons I have dealt with would have been easiser dealt with using tasers rather than OC spray.

Hoofguy

Forum Crew Member
Tasers are banned in New Jersey, so i don't have to ever deal with them. Although I do suppose some persons I have dealt with would have been easiser dealt with using tasers rather than OC spray.

Lol wow, isn't just about everything banned in New Jersey? Nannie state, nannie state :p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Just cause they're banned, doesn't mean you won't have to deal with them eventually...

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Tasers work pretty darned well. With OC, you can get people who aren't affected by it at all. You still have to Decon them and anything they touch or you'll get OC on you and your stuff, and in your unit if you don't. Then one day you'll touch something and rub your nose or something and..

IT BURNS!!!!!!!! and it'll be a while before you remember that OC'd patient...

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
Tasers work pretty darned well. With OC, you can get people who aren't affected by it at all. You still have to Decon them and anything they touch or you'll get OC on you and your stuff, and in your unit if you don't. Then one day you'll touch something and rub your nose or something and..

IT BURNS!!!!!!!! and it'll be a while before you remember that OC'd patient...

Or you have the rookie PD officer spray a pt in the back of the truck....earned him 16hr suspension.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Or you have the rookie PD officer spray a pt in the back of the truck....earned him 16hr suspension.
And I am ever so thankful that I've never had that happen...

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
if they were acting dumb enough to get tasered, why should it be taken out the easy way? :p

(kidding)