Construction and road closures.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Does your employer make any effort to notify you ahead of time of major construction projects and road closures? If they do, how do they keep you informed?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Does your employer make any effort to notify you ahead of time of major construction projects and road closures? If they do, how do they keep you informed?

Yep. They will send E-mails out, post it in our deployment areas, send messages to our pagers, and go over the radio to tell all on duty crews.

94H

Forum Lieutenant
We get emails and the agreed upon detours when the roadwork is scheduled to begin. We also get an approximate timeframe of the work and how it will effect our posting plan (High performance system)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yep. They will send E-mails out, post it in our deployment areas, send messages to our pagers, and go over the radio to tell all on duty crews.

We get emails and the agreed upon detours when the roadwork is scheduled to begin. We also get an approximate timeframe of the work and how it will effect our posting plan (High performance system)

What they said.

Pages on our pagers, notes all over the place, dispatchers advising us over the radio along with giving preferred routing to facilities when you sign on if there is a lot of construction around that particular facility. How our posting plan has changed. All that fun stuff.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Major construction in our 911-contract town will sometimes get an email or note on the bulletin board. For those of us going all over the place for IFTs we try and advise dispatch via landline if we're buried in traffic to keep other trucks from getting stuck. If it's a significant closure it will go over the radio.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Hometown 911 sends us texts for routine one day road closures, major long term state highway projects get bulletins in advance

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
When I drove trucks, I was a railroad magnet. Every time I went out I was blocked by a train, no matter where I went.