Coffee intake???

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't drink coffee, some black tea once in a while, but generally I avoid caffeine in all forms. I'm allergic to chocolate and artificial sweeteners so cocoa and diet pops are out too. I don't care for sweet drinks or carbonation. My favorite beverage is an iced tea I make with herbal tea bags. Fruity without being sweet. That or good old H2O. Oh yeah.. and a nice icy shot of Stolies once in a while doesn't hurt either.

Ops Paramedic

Forum Captain
Some of the guys and girls on my shift would take coffee iv if they had the oppertunity!! I don't slice my wrists if i don't get it, and refuse to consume instant coffee, as i think there is not much difference in the taste of the and cat ur.... I do however everyso often go and appropriate a cup of filter coffee from the managenent offices!

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Some of the guys and girls on my shift would take coffee iv if they had the oppertunity!! I don't slice my wrists if i don't get it, and refuse to consume instant coffee, as i think there is not much difference in the taste of the and cat ur.... I do however everyso often go and appropriate a cup of filter coffee from the managenent offices!

We actually set one of these up as a joke. IV pole, Solution bag slit down the side, emptied and filled with coffee beans. Tape it up with that clear packing tape, attach the tubing, fill the tubing with coffee. Voila! We since have done another one with chocolate (tubing filled with chocolate syrup)

mdkemt

Forum Lieutenant
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....coffee and chocolate in an IV
I would seriously be in heaven and prolly severly overweight!
But common coffee in an IV why has no one been able to bring that to me I would pay BIG BUCKS!

MDKEMT:p

MedCoast Ambulance

Forum Probie
never drank coffee until I was working 5 12s m-f then medic school on sat&sun for almost a year....................at that time the coffee gods came and blessed me.....

now I drink yerba mate...green tea from Latin America
No drop like coffee and good on the GI track but i am 10-100 ALOT

Antioxidants and other good stuff

Takes a minute to like it but then again so did coffee and beer

MedCoast Ambulance

Forum Probie
we did espresso in a nebulizer..... on a dare

You are AWAKE and even buzzed.....not good on the ticker

DO NOT TRY THIS......but it was fun....and stupid

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
we did espresso in a nebulizer..... on a dare

You are AWAKE and even buzzed.....not good on the ticker

DO NOT TRY THIS......but it was fun....and stupid
heeeeeeeeeeey, i got to try that when im alone by myself next time^_^

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Coffee!

Coffee! equals Hot water with attitude!! :p:p:p

Pittsburgh Proud

Forum Lieutenant
Two cups of coffee before work, Don't often get time to have a cup during work and then maybe 2 with dinner or after dinner. B)

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
A day without coffee is like a day without sunshine, just crappy! I love coffee, can drink it anytime of the day and can't start a shift without a cup. I even have a mug that everyone swears is jinxed. If I start my day with that mug we are in for a long, busy, day.
I also try to drink water to help dilute all the wonderful java.

kayrules5340

Forum Probie
I don't drink coffee.....I drink starbucks.....everyday for the past 2 years, it's gotten to the point where I walk in and they're already making my drink because they saw me in the parking lot.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
I don't drink coffee.....I drink starbucks.....everyday for the past 2 years, it's gotten to the point where I walk in and they're already making my drink because they saw me in the parking lot.
That sounds like a pricey habbit.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief

Okay, I used to live in the Seattle area so can't possibly know this... but isn't Starbucks coffee????

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Okay, I used to live in the Seattle area so can't possibly know this... but isn't Starbucks coffee????

Yeah id like to know the answer to this seing were only 1hr ish apart! LOL

mdkemt

Forum Lieutenant
I love coffee. Me and coffee are one with each other. I will never part with it!

MDKEMT

kayrules5340

Forum Probie
I know starbucks is coffee....i was just joking, but its not all coffee, they sell some drinks that aren't coffee. I don't get the coffeee, coffee, i get like the frappucino, so it is only partially coffee.

NJN

The Young One
i get like the frappucino, so it is only partially coffee.
Coffee is coffee no matter what you add to it nor whether it comes from four bucks or not. Your venti frapp blah blah just happens to be mind boggling expensive coffee.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I love Bill Maher's comments on the frappa fru fru drinks. He says, if your coffee comes with chocolate, whipped cream, sugar, syrup and a piece of candy on top, its not coffee, its a milkshake!

apagea99

Forum Lieutenant
I'm not even an EMT yet and I drink an average of 1 pot of coffee a day.....that's down from 3 pots a few years ago :p I've been trying to cut down to 1/2 a pot, but it's not easy to give it up.

Oh, and I don't add a thing to it. Give it to me as dark as you can get it, and keep it coming till my hair stands on end!

Last edited by a moderator:

scottmcleod

Forum Crew Member
I'm a decaf man now. Won't give up my Scotch though.

Bottoms up.

anchorman2wi.jpg

"I Love Scotch, Scotchy Scotchy Scotch"