Chicago man shot by police after chasing medics with a knife.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
wouldnt a taser have worked too?

Probably. However approaching an officer with a deadly weapon is usually met with deadly force.

Angel

Paramedic
yea, poor guy was probably having some kind of psychotic break.
At least every else is fine

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
wouldnt a taser have worked too?

Maybe.

Equal and opposite force though. I've been called plenty selfish but we come before everyone else. It's sad that this man died but I'm glad to hear that the police were willing to do what was necessary to control the situation and protect the EMS crew.

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
How long do you think it'll be before his family sues anyone and everyone involved in the incident?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
How long do you think it'll be before his family sues anyone and everyone involved in the incident?

I'm sure you're right and I hope to high heaven they're told that they're idiots and don't get a damn dime.

Why is it ok for people to threaten us with deadly weapons?

Sorry Local that's not directed at you, just thinking out loud.

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
I'm sure you're right and I hope to high heaven they're told that they're idiots and don't get a damn dime.

Why is it ok for people to threaten us with deadly weapons?

Sorry Local that's not directed at you, just thinking out loud.

I'm sure they'll sue...

"Whaddaya mean you had to shoot him? He was only trying to kill people, after all! Couldn't you have tickled or hugged him into submission?"

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Ban paramedics! Ban police men!
Ahhhh
Killers!

:/

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
People get upset that they don't tase people more; problem with tasing someone with a gun, if they have their finger on the trigger, they WILL squeeze the trigger. Someone might get shot, then they get mad at the cops about it.
Plus more and more departments are NOT carrying tazers any longer due to a few people dying because of it used on them. So the stink got so big that they are back to shooting people (doesn't make much sense to me either).

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Don't put yourself in a position to be shot, and you most likely won't be.
Plain and simple.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'm sure they'll sue...

"Whaddaya mean you had to shoot him? He was only trying to kill people, after all! Couldn't you have tickled or hugged him into submission?"

Hahaha

"They need to use less lethal more!!!!!!!!!"

****less lethal kills someone...or flashbang blows up in baby's crib****

"Stupid cops aren't doing their job. Tasers kill people! Less lethal killed him they shouldn't use it!"

And back to guns we go. Party down.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'm down with going back to guns. Game on, *****es [emoji41]

TacomaGirl

Forum Probie
Hard to judge why a taser might not have been the appropriate first choice, unless one has been in the officer's shoes/situation.

All I have to say is.......some people's children!

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
His name was Michael Myers?
He'll be back...

images

Last edited by a moderator: