CCEMTP Recert question

Rubicon Bob

Forum Crew Member
I have maintained my CCEMTP (2002) for 21 years and am now considering letting it lapse.

I also have, and maintain, my FP-C and CCP-C, but I have maintained my CCEMTP as I heard (however I can't find hard evidence to confirm) that some states accept/require CCEMTP for their states Critical Care cert.

Can anyone confirm that they know of a state, or Dept., that accepts/requires CCEMTP for their CC cert?

I have no plans to move (at this time), but you never know what life may bring, and I hate to let the cert go if there is even a small chance it might be useful.
2022 - Critical Care Certs - Redacted.jpg

VentMonkey

Family Guy
There are agencies I have seen (mostly ground critical care, and typically ones in the Midwest and East Coast, that offer the course exclusively through their agency) that accept and/ or endorse CCEMTP.

The problem I have with UMBC is that their learning platform and even website is archaic. I’ve emailed them in the past to ask if they would likely (get with the times and) offer an online course, but last I checked they had no plans to.

Also, I think if the courses that are eligible for course recertification (i.e., prep courses) are the same ones you can use for the other two advanced certs then it would makes sense to just recertify. Just my opinion, good luck.

OP
OP
Rubicon Bob

Rubicon Bob

Forum Crew Member
There are agencies I have seen (mostly ground critical care, and typically ones in the Midwest and East Coast, that offer the course exclusively through their agency) that accept and/ or endorse CCEMTP.

The problem I have with UMBC is that their learning platform and even website is archaic. I’ve emailed them in the past to ask if they would likely (get with the times and) offer an online course, but last I checked they had no plans to.

Also, I think if the courses that are eligible for course recertification (i.e., prep courses) are the same ones you can use for the other two advanced certs then it would makes sense to just recertify. Just my opinion, good luck.

My agency is on the East Coast and provided the CCEMTP course for those of us that were going to work on our CCT, starting in 2002, when I took the course.

I will say that the CCEMTP is/was a good introduction to CCT, and I learned a lot from it, when I took it in 2002.

I have been FP-C certified for over 10+ years and took the CCP-C 5+ years ago, just to see if I could pass it.

I generally hold on to my certs, but CCEMTP seems to have diminishing returns anymore, and I'm not sure it's worth the time or money to recert, however, in the back of my head I have that little voice saying "what if?"

This is why I'm looking for any concrete/black & white evidence of any state that requires CCEMTP, over FP-C and CCP-C, for their CC cert., as it seems to me I have heard that in the past, but now cannot find anything in writing.

And yes, my FP-C and CCP-C Con-Ed is generally all I need for my CCEMTP recert, it just is starting seem like a waste of money.

VentMonkey, thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I think California requires CCEMTP plus clinical hours.

Last edited:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I think California requires CCEMTP plus clinical hours.
I couldn’t find this referenced anywhere in title 22 and the couple of agencies I am familiar with who have critical care medics don’t require clinical hours or CCEMTP. They typically just require CCP-C.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I couldn’t find this referenced anywhere in title 22 and the couple of agencies I am familiar with who have critical care medics don’t require clinical hours or CCEMTP. They typically just require CCP-C.
Might vary by county then. CCP-C was not good enough for the county I applied to. They wanted CCEMTP with clinical hours. They said flight experience did not count.

OP
OP
Rubicon Bob

Rubicon Bob

Forum Crew Member
Thank you everyone for your responses!

Based on these responses, I decided to go ahead and recert my CCEMTP.

I just received my new card this morning, so I'm good until Nov. 2026.

I really do appreciate everyone's responses!

Attachments

• 2023-11-04 - CCEMTP Renewal Card .jpg
    2023-11-04 - CCEMTP Renewal Card .jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 62