Care vs. PRN

jon51

Forum Crew Member
SoCal,
It does not make me feel better to post a response to your rude and condescending comments. Our goal here is to help the original poster and give the most accurate and helpful information possible. You have a great day.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
SoCal,
It does not make me feel better to post a response to your rude and condescending comments. Our goal here is to help the original poster and give the most accurate and helpful information possible. You have a great day.

To be honest, you're trying to tell me that PRN is "not a tiny company." YES - it IS a smaller company ESPECIALLY compared to large ambulance companies such as AMR or R.M. Or CARE (which is technically a multistate company). Now in comparison to a mom and pop diner with 4 employees, sure it's a decent size company.. but not as far as EMS is concerned. I don't care how long you've "worked in the same county" as me.. last I checked that county is pretty freakin massive. Additionally, trying to drop rank on me by stating your time in the field is greater than mind really doesn't mean much... I know plenty of horrible emt's that have been in this county longer than I have.

I was trying to help to OP and I will stand by my advice that I have given, go for care.. The major 911 provider, instead of the smaller and much less known and as far as I know little to no 911 PRN... Honestly, I think I've only seen a handful of PRN units out and about.. EVER.

And last but not least, I use tapatalk and I only surf these forums on my phone between calls, excuse me for trying to offer friendly advice in my free time... Didn't mean to offend your sense of proper grammar.

It you don't like my advice then please just skip over it, but don't try to make something over the Internet personal.. I have a personal life for that and it comes with enough drama as it is, I don't need to get it here as well.

So please, put your ego away.

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
You only claimed that PRN was tiny and in no way compared the size of these companies to each other. Your claim was actually false. If you were trying to compare the two in terms of size then I recommend you work on your writing skills and maybe proof read what you are writing in the future.

You're comparing them to other relative companies either way, regardless if your point is the company is small or large.

Last edited by a moderator:

jon51

Forum Crew Member
SoCal,
The OP asked a question. Most people here would not hesitate to say CARE all the way. By asking the question it was fairly obvious he had very little information about the difference between these two very different companies. MY goal was to help him understand a little about each company. You made a statement, "PRN is tiny" and all I responded was that it is not tiny. In fact they run 30-40 units a day or more (ALS, CCT, BLS, and RT's).
Yes, CARE is an extremely large company, but PRN is also a large company.

You stated last post:

"it IS a smaller company ESPECIALLY compared to large ambulance companies such as AMR or R.M. Or CARE"

This makes more sense now. Smaller, sure PRN is smaller. But tiny? If you have only seen a couple of units ever than consider what part of the county you work in and remember that the county is very large. If you don't know about a company or never see them then obviously you do not know much about the company so please do not mislead the new EMT's here looking for real answers.

You got very defensive and made a rude comment which started this whole thing,

"Idk what rock you've been hiding under..."

I did not offend you by disagreeing with your post. You started this whole thing by your comment. You are young and very cocky as I have seen from your previous posts so I will try and avoid reading whatever misleading information you may post unless I can help clarify in order to benefit people who are on here looking for guidance.

Danno,
Both are large companies. Care is very large, but in terms of LA county PRN is also a very good size. There are tons of tiny companies in LA. By tiny I mean 2-5 units or so. Your post really doesn't make sense. If you are posting to disagree with me than you and Socal911 can continue with the misconception that PRN is tiny together.

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, just making an observation. At the end of the day this is all semantics anyway, is it really that big a deal?

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
.....sooo, it just sounds like our definitions of "tiny" in terms of an ambulance company differ. I was speaking in comparison... As for just size in general: 30-40 units is very decent but AmeriCare runs about the same and I still consider them a small private, again in comparison.

Essentially that is exactly what the OP was asking for, a direct comparison. Now say, if I were comparing with shoreline (10 or so unit) operation out of huntington beach, I'd say PRN is huge. I'm talking strictly within comparison..

The whole rock/hiding comment was meant as playful banter, my apologies of you took offense.

OP
OP
erodriguez1236

erodriguez1236

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys, I really thank everyone for the advise and for the info about these both companies, I hate that it kinda turned a bit ugly and personal but lets all just get along, the information given here has helped me in my decision. I thank everyone that posted.