C-med radio talk

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I just say they're unremarkable unless there's something worth mentioning. There are few things more wearying in life than listening to someone describe a respiratory rate of 16 over the radio.

Unless they want it. On. Every. Patch.

;/

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Yup, they will ask for you to be specific with your vitals every time here, with all of the hospitals. Every last one of them. Psych patient? What's the pulse ox?

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Vexing. Some places that's for statistic-gathering.

Or when they don't trust you to know what's unremarkable. Womp womp.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It's actually because they have a radio report sheet to fill out and they "can't leave any blanks".

Seriously.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
It's actually because they have a radio report sheet to fill out and they "can't leave any blanks".

Seriously.
But we will get in trouble if we leave any blanks. Seriously.

TattooedNay

Forum Crew Member
Depends on your service, I suppose. But it's not usually a recorded line if you call directly; you're just getting the ED desk phone. The state wants notes to be recorded.

Technically I think you're supposed to call CMED and have them relay it if your radio is down.

hmmmm. Our community hospital has a "Bat Phone" that has a completely different number and is *usually* reserved for Signal 600's. (Most definitely recorded). Depending what service I'm working with and the nature of the call I will just call CMED on my cell phone and ask them to patch me through to so and so hospital. I've never had any problems with that.

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
hmmmm. Our community hospital has a "Bat Phone" that has a completely different number and is *usually* reserved for Signal 600's. (Most definitely recorded). Depending what service I'm working with and the nature of the call I will just call CMED on my cell phone and ask them to patch me through to so and so hospital. I've never had any problems with that.

Probably a different story if they have a dedicated line like that.

samsbgm

Forum Probie
Hello,

I don't know if anyone does the same thing but I'm having trouble giving C-MED patches. Does anyone have ideas or advice for practicing or learning this quick? PLEASE HELP!!!
Listen to other people's patches. Be as short as you can. The hospital needs to know what room they need to be placed in and if they need anyone special like a trauma surgeon.

Example-
this is sam on medic 5. we're enroute to your facility non emergent with a 71 7-1 year old female with abdominal pain. She's normal sinus on the monitor. vitals are bp-120/80 hr-76 bgl-90 spo2-97%. We'll be there in five. Any questions?