BEST PLACE TO WORK IN DALLAS AREA (EMP)

ArtistInTheAmbulance

Forum Ride Along
I lived in the Dallas area as a kid. Im looking to relocate back there now. I am looking for a good service to work for. Not only pay but team work, plenty of overtime and trusted in the local community. I have three years experience, former combat medic and love some overtime. Thank you for the help!
-Austin

krtemt

Forum Crew Member
you can try AMR. I know they have operations up there, also thats where our comm center is. Not sure of the pay though, just based on experience. As a basic I started out at 11.92 with no experience, but I know a couple of people that started out at 13.50+. Other than that I think Medstar is up there, not sure about Acadian, although they might be there as well.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
CareFlite. Allegiance. AMR. Acadian. Those are the bigger ones. Medstar is in the Fort Worth area, but they haven't been hiring Basics in a while. There's a couple smaller services still floating around, but be prepared for the dialysis totes and daily renal roundup patients. Nobody escapes the renal roundup.

MedicDank

Forum Probie
I work for Allegiance and the starting medic pay is about $18.25 and will give you all the hours you want. they have stations all over dfw. The main hub is in carrollton, I work out of South Dallas. But yes you will get all the overtime you want

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
^^^^ what that Dank guy said is accurate. Although there's a base pay + shift differential. They acquired many operational areas of Guardian EMS, which did have some older equipment, but the maintenance staff has improved a lot. As in, you can actually take a truck with an issue into the maintenance facility, and they will try to work on it and fix the issue right then and there.
at least this is what a little bird told me. I can not confirm or deny my employer.