Awesome new TV Show: Southland

Hockey

Quackers
Not sure if anyone has seen the pilot episode or heard about it

Southland is an upcoming American police drama series created by Emmy Award winners John Wells, Ann Biderman and Christopher Chulack, and is scheduled to start airing on NBC on April 9, 2009. The series stars Benjamin McKenzie and Michael Cudlitz. The pilot episode was made available for viewing on Hulu one week before its broadcast premiere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southland_(TV_series)

Watch it here:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/65741/southland-sneak-peek-pilot

I gotta say, after watching the first episode, this is going to be a GREAT show (if its anything like the first one)

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
It'd be nice to watch this if Hulu wasn't a U.S. viewable only site...

EDIT: I found a promo still on some other website; I recognize one of the cops (he played a character by the name of Bull on the HBO mini-series Band of Brothers). It already looks good and I haven't even seen the pilot episode yet...

Last edited by a moderator:

FTRPO

Forum Crew Member
Im disappointed, that was cheesy.

FTRPO

Forum Crew Member
What can I say?

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
It'd be nice to watch this if Hulu wasn't a U.S. viewable only site...

EDIT: I found a promo still on some other website; I recognize one of the cops (he played a character by the name of Bull on the HBO mini-series Band of Brothers). It already looks good and I haven't even seen the pilot episode yet...

Haha I was just watching Band of Brothers last night, snatched the DVDs from my brother. Anyways yea the show looks pretty good, got it set up to record on the DVR.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Band of Brothers = one of the best WWII motion pictures ever.

I should definitely set my DVR to record the show.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
I think I'm gonna watch it when it premieres. I was remembering a show about EMS. Most of the members here would probably hate it. That show was called In A Heartbeat. It was about high school kids running their towns EMS dept. I forget what network they were on. I think the show was shot here in Canada. Oh the guy who acting in Southland the one who played bull on Band Of Brothers acted in another military show. That show was called Over there about a US Army unit in Iraq.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
I think I'm gonna watch it when it premieres. I was remembering a show about EMS. Most of the members here would probably hate it. That show was called In A Heartbeat. It was about high school kids running their towns EMS dept. I forget what network they were on. I think the show was shot here in Canada. Oh the guy who acting in Southland the one who played bull on Band Of Brothers acted in another military show. That show was called Over there about a US Army unit in Iraq.

I recall both shows you're talking about.

FYI: I believe In A Heartbeat was aired on Family Channel. That, or YTV, but most likely Family.

:p

JPINFV

Gadfly
Band of Brothers = one of the best WWII motion pictures ever.

I should definitely set my DVR to record the show.

/me in his best Bull Randalman voice, "Remember boys, flies spread disease, so keep your close."

tydek07

Forum Captain

I remember In A Heartbeat B) Us to watch it when I was younger haha, it was on the Disney Channel here in the States.... although it only lasted one year due to criticism.

The show received some criticism for some of its dramatic contents. It was pulled off the air after one year as Disney Channel began wanting to restructure its image, and come up with new shows to gain more of an audience. It was the first Disney Channel Original Series not to reach 65 episodes.

But I liked to watch it, because I knew nothing about EMS back then... was just getting interested in it.

tydek

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
/me in his best Bull Randalman voice, "Remember boys, flies spread disease, so keep your close."

That was George Luz, not Bull Randleman!

JPINFV

Gadfly
They can take Life off the air through my cold dead fingers. Southland looks like it has promise and Kings is starting to ramp up a bit.

mperkel

Forum Probie

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
While a good show, the thing that irked me was the shear amount of times they switched scenes. It seemed every 30 seconds they went to a new scene. I know they have to introduce the characters and plot, but jeez.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I liked it, and I was able to follow it no problem!