Automatic Logoff

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Is there something new that logs me off if i'm inactive for like 20 minutes or so? I never had this problem before, but I seem to have to login every so often!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
There shouldn't be. Have you tried closing your browser, restarting your computer, and coming back? The site's login cookie should last a while.

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Is there something new that logs me off if i'm inactive for like 20 minutes or so? I never had this problem before, but I seem to have to login every so often!

That's what happens to me too, I'll be on EMTLife and get busy doing something else than come back in 20ish or so minutes and have to re log in.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Question for each of you: When you log in, are you clicking 'Remember Me'?

Also, are any of you on dial up or possibly AOL?

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
that happened to me earlier today as well. I was not on my normal computer, and after about 20 min of inactivity, I came back and was logged off. I was on a mac with firefox, and had not saved my password. no dialup, no AOL.

OP
OP
W

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
XP, Firefox. I am on our campus's computing network (which is really fast, but I have no idea who the providor is). I'll try using remember me.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
You may also want to check that you're not clearing cookies everytime you exit your web browser.

OP
OP
W

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I know I'm not clearing cookies everytime I exit my browser, but even if I were, since my browser window's still open it would not have any effect. I'm not sure that this check mark thing is working though...

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Are you running any special firewalls or antivirus or antispam products/plugins?

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Try clearing all the private data. There may be a mistake in the cookies and things like that.

OP
OP
W

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow! And I thought I was the only one that was having this problem! It has gotten better since checking the box, but it still happens, just not every 20 min or so.

mjg0519

Forum Ride Along
So anyone figure out what was going on here? I wasn't having a problem until just the other day, and now it's getting kind of annoying.

Mike

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I haven't had this problem on 7 different computers running 3 different operating systems and 4 different browsers, so I'm not sure what could be causing it.

Most likely it is a setting on your computers.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I haven't had this problem on 7 different computers running 3 different operating systems and 4 different browsers, so I'm not sure what could be causing it.

Most likely it is a setting on your computers.

I concur. Even after closing the browser and turning off the computer I never have to re-enter my log in info.