AUDIO: Colorado Shooting Incident

18G

Paramedic
Incident audio from initial dispatch through entire incident. Chilling.

Have to say it sounds like it ran pretty smooth considering the nature.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZRNEHSZkYc[/YOUTUBE]

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Incident audio from initial dispatch through entire incident. Chilling.

Have to say it sounds like it ran pretty smooth considering the nature.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZRNEHSZkYc[/YOUTUBE]

I wouldn't say smooth. Instead I would say it got done.

webster44

Forum Crew Member
I listened to both the police and fire audio separately.
it is my opinion that the fire IC did not do a good job , The dispatchers rocked, and it was the police commander on scene who made the best decision to start transport.

I'm typing on my phone but let me try to elaborate.
The fire ic seemed more focused on his fire units then ambulances. He also seemed like he had trouble grasping what was going on. When police kept calling for units all he wanted to do was have ambulances stage so he could "figure things out"

I'm sure many people will disagree with me. .... So, let the discussion begin

OP
OP
18G

18G

Paramedic
I wouldn't say smooth. Instead I would say it got done.

Well, smooth in the context of the incident. It sounds like there was a delay in getting EMS units to the patients and that the IC was more worried about "sorting things out" than giving the go for EMS units to get patients. Granted, organization and keeping things organized is key in an MCI, but when EMS units are being requested by the three sector commands, get em moving as a priority. Even the dispatcher kept stating and reminding the IC that EMS units were being requested for patients behind the theater.

The IC did request a second Chief which was smart. And I heard in the audio that PD was transporting patients to the hospital in their cars which was super smart in this case.

It was a tough incident. I'm by no means quarterbacking their call, just giving opinion from what could be observed in the communications onscene.

OP
OP
18G

18G

Paramedic
I listened to both the police and fire audio separately.
it is my opinion that the fire IC did not do a good job , The dispatchers rocked, and it was the police commander on scene who made the best decision to start transport.

I'm typing on my phone but let me try to elaborate.
The fire ic seemed more focused on his fire units then ambulances. He also seemed like he had trouble grasping what was going on. When police kept calling for units all he wanted to do was have ambulances stage so he could "figure things out"

I'm sure many people will disagree with me. .... So, let the discussion begin

I totally agree with you.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Here's the police audio for those who want to listen to it.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFuNDOQ3b-0[/YOUTUBE]