any help would be nice.lol

traumajunkie29

Forum Ride Along
Hello all. Hope you r having a good morning so far. My issue is this. I work for an ems company right now and i am only able to work as an Emt-I but i havw my paramedic. I havent gone through my companys FTO program yet due to they havent had an academy for me to sit through. Im getting paid as an Emt-I right now. Is this normal or am i getting shafted?? I was alao looking at a company in Arkansas called mems does anyone know about them or know someone that works there. Ive talked to the company itself and i like what they had to say. Would just like some inside details. Thanks yall.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Hello all. Hope you r having a good morning so far. My issue is this. I work for an ems company right now and i am only able to work as an Emt-I but i havw my paramedic. I havent gone through my companys FTO program yet due to they havent had an academy for me to sit through. Im getting paid as an Emt-I right now. Is this normal or am i getting shafted?? I was alao looking at a company in Arkansas called mems does anyone know about them or know someone that works there. Ive talked to the company itself and i like what they had to say. Would just like some inside details. Thanks yall.

Most places you get paid for the position you work not the certs you hold. If you were an MD and they hired you as a driver you would be paid as a driver for example (extreme one perhaps). As to you getting shafted, maybe. If you can get a job somewhere else getting medic pay and you don't mind giving up the job you have go for it. Just make sure you weigh what you're losing with what you're gaining.