Any EMT lifers working for FEMA on Long Island

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
After 3 days off from work I got a big surprise, posted in Nassau County, Southern part specifically and saw Fire Depts. from all over the state which was no big surprise but what was a surprise was seeing ambulances and crews from all over the country. Tennessee, Missouri, Texas, and have gotten reports of California crews, Maine and other parts not so New Yorkish. Just wondering if any EMTlifer's are out here doing disaster relief.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Myself. From Southern California. Been in NY since Sunday. We have 367 ambulance from all over the US staged at the Floyd Bennett airfield around Brooklyn, NY.

OP
OP
citizensoldierny

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
Thats a bit of a trip and thanks for lightening the load. They treating you well ? as the report I got was the out of staters were sleeping on the bus and eating what they brought with them. Hope Uncle Sam is at least providing with you with a nice soft cot, and a nice brown bag meal aka MRE ;)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The first couple days of our deployment we were sleeping in our ambulances. Now we have heated bathrooms and showers. Huge tents with heaters in them. Tons of MREs for back up food. We have a food supplier so all meals are hot. We now have roughly 8,000 gallons of diesel and 5,000 gallons of unleaded.

Washers and driers will be here in 24 hours. It's actually not bad at all. As of right now we have enough supplies to last around a month (aside from fuel. Fuel is going pretty quick since we are fueling up all government vehicles).