Another new student needs a scope rec.

Gant

Forum Ride Along
I love my littman.. its great I just have the Master Classic 2 but it works great for me!

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
Like the title says, I am looking for a new scope. I've got a spraque and it really sucks. I have really poor hearing-not enough for a hearing aid, but I am sure I will need one in the future. The one I have now produces a lot of artifact and I am sure it is the ear pieces, but outside sound makes things worse. When I worked as a vet assistant, I loved the littmanns, but I don't think I can afford a nice one. I am considering a select or this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Cardiology-II-S...ryZ11824QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem since they are somewhat in my price range. I have heard good things about the big shears model, but was not sure.

Thanks for your help.

I use a single bell master classic II that uses pressure variations for different sounds. http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...ot=F9G1189154ge&PC_7_0_2BS8_gvel=D77LGQCVJWgl Its been the best damn scope I have ever had.

Emtgirl21

Forum Lieutenant
I have mild to moderate hearing loss also. I could wear hearing aids if I wanted to but yeah not so much my style. I use a littman and it is great. Best scope I've used and I am bad about testing out my parteners especially if they get a new one. Love all the littman's. As the prices go up so does my love but I cant afford the ones i really want. The 80-100 dollar one is nice. Its what i have......in purple of course.

rgnoon

Forum Lieutenant
I have mild to moderate hearing loss also. I could wear hearing aids if I wanted to but yeah not so much my style. I use a littman and it is great. Best scope I've used and I am bad about testing out my parteners especially if they get a new one. Love all the littman's. As the prices go up so does my love but I cant afford the ones i really want. The 80-100 dollar one is nice. Its what i have......in purple of course.

I'm right there with you Emtgirl21. I too use a more moderately priced littmann. It is 10 times better than the cheap-o ADC I had been using. Still, as others on here have said, no high-end scope is a replacement for practice, experience and being attentive.