Another film about South African paramedics

thegreypilgrim

Forum Asst. Chief
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CqH4LWnHjg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I've tried google-fuing this but have not succeeded in finding any further information on it. It looks really interesting, however. Does anyone know anything about this?

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
South Africa is (as the video says) the murder capital of the world so they get lots of trauma, esp shootings and stabbings. We have some ex SA Ambulance Officers here in NZ and they all say how tame we are compared to back home! :D

Ronin is a private company offering training to the UK ICHD Paramedic level (old vocational certification being phased out in favour of an FDSc/BSc Degree) but has been banned from being recognised in the UK for some reason or another

SA has two levels; an Emergency Care Technician (two year course) and an Emergency Care Practitioner (four year course) which roughtly equate to Paramedic (ILS) and Critical Care Paramedic in various international flavours.

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
Some of our instructors have been from SA and have shown us trauma videos. Trauma is the forte of SA paramedics and i've seen footage of daily accidents such as 4 people ejected from car at high speed MVA etc. Most moved here to give their families a safer life lol

OP
OP
thegreypilgrim

thegreypilgrim

Forum Asst. Chief
South Africa is (as the video says) the murder capital of the world so they get lots of trauma, esp shootings and stabbings. We have some ex SA Ambulance Officers here in NZ and they all say how tame we are compared to back home! :D

Yeah being a medic in SA has got to be one of the roughest gigs in the world. I've had the pleasure of meeting some a couple - one guy was from Netcare 911 and I think the other was from the provincial service in Cape Town (although I don't remember). Incredibly nice guys, and have since relocated to Australia stating they don't want to raise their families in the environment of South Africa.

Not that I blame them at all when their government is run by the corrupt to the core ANC and headed up by a rapist, arms dealing President. No wonder the country's in the tubes.