An inquiry

Leonidas1

Forum Crew Member
How many of you (forum members) work for a private ambulance service?

Said the patient sluggishly... "I just spent 25 dollas for this groove I`m on, I know you ain`t bout to kill it wit narkin?"

Last edited by a moderator:

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
I work for 2 different private companies. Well im on time off right now.

KY_EMT

Forum Crew Member
Yep, I work for a private company.

Naota_X

Forum Crew Member
im trying really hard to get work for a private company but no luck just yet

OP
OP
Leonidas1

Leonidas1

Forum Crew Member
It`s cool to find out there are other private EMT-B and EMT-P personnel here. Now if you would be so kind to inform me how to get other personnel (private EMS) in Chicago to exibit the pride and dignity shown here (EMTLIFE), I would greatly appreciate it.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I've worked for 2 different private companies, but am currently not working and seriously considering letting my certs expire (mostly because my next CPR class will be in June, after the recert deadline).

Sassafras

Forum Captain
I *think* they are all private here. Either owned by the hospitals or private IFTs. The "public" for lack of a better word are municipal volley units. I don't think there are actually "county" owned units though.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
I *think* they are all private here. Either owned by the hospitals or private IFTs. The "public" for lack of a better word are municipal volley units. I don't think there are actually "county" owned units though.

Don't forget that in Canada most EMS agencies are run by the various levels of government. As well in the USA do not forget about fire based EMS, and municiapal, county third service EMS which are paid full time.

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Don't forget that in Canada most EMS agencies are run by the various levels of government. As well in the USA do not forget about fire based EMS, and municiapal, county third service EMS which are paid full time.

The biggest city in our county would be the only one that would operate fire based EMS, but I'm told there was a falling out decades ago and EMS and fire have been separate ever since lol. The municipal units where I live are all volley units so no paid EMTs there, closer to the city *may* be a unit or two that is a muni paid, but again most are hospital based here if not volley units, and then your IFTs are all private owned. I'm learning things here are weird though.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
911 Service, Private Service, and Hospital.

KY_EMT

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the responses. What type of calls do you primarily run?

As an EMT-Basic, I primarily do the Dr appts, the dialysis runs, the takebacks from local hospitals to nursing homes or other residences, the BLS transfers from one hospital to another. :) But I also have the chance to work MVAs, seizures, psych patients, etc. Just depends on which crews are available in which location :)

mcdonl

Forum Captain
I've worked for 2 different private companies, but am currently not working and seriously considering letting my certs expire (mostly because my next CPR class will be in June, after the recert deadline).

In a past life, I was an RCDD (Registered Communications Distribution Designer....) sort of like a low voltage engineer. The test was "difficult" and it took a lot of studying to pass the exam.

An instructor told a funny (But obviously not true....) story about a guy, who put in his will that his wife would be required to maintain his CEH's in the event that someone figured out how to bring him back to life, he didnt want to go through the testing process again.

Just think about it :)

PS - EMT-B (Intermediate Student) Paid EMS/Volly Fire for two towns. Our QA/QI guy (MEDIC) and another intermediate work for two different private companies. We have four in the area.

ohnoyoudidnt

Forum Crew Member
Were a 911 service but this is all you need to know..

n15705931_35302765_1668.jpg

:p :p :p :p