AMR San Diego County

EMTcali

Forum Ride Along
I have an interview coming up with AMR in San Diego and was wondering if anyone knows what to expect and brush up on for the interview? Any information will help!

kylej432

Forum Ride Along
I have that same question. Did you get any feedback at all via private message? Or if anybody sees this and would like to help, any and all info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Kyle

CGMedic16

Forum Probie
I am guessing AMR runs their interviews, and hiring process somewhat similarly through out the state, and possibly country being they are everywhere. If you cruise the forums there is good info on here that is pretty accurate. I did before I went through my AMR hiring process and it was solid advice. For me, it was an interview, written exam I received my employment offer letter 4 days later then a PAT, drug test, and Resp Fit tests/PPD/vaccines. Then onto the Academy, and FTO time....the interview is basic questions - "tell us about a difficult situation how did you handle it, "ect. Probably about 8 questions with an Ops Manager, FTO, and a Supervisor. They score you based on your answers and how you answer them. Then you need to pass ur written test, and skills. If all goes well u should receive an employment offer via email or phone. After you complete ur Academy, Evoc , all 100,000 online trainings (lol), FTO time and get your stuff signed off you probably will take your written protocol exam for the County. Just Google basic interview questions, and practice those....study up on your knowledge for the test, and your local protocols for your county.
Lastly its a good idea to get started on the FEMA certs ICS 100,200,ect , ect if you haven't done them yet....there are several.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes!