AMR Redlands/Rancho

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
What's really making it hard for people to get in is the fact that lateral transfers seem to be pretty popular.
I have a lot of coworkers who work in my division but plan to lateral out to their "preferred" division within a year.

Lateral transfer applicants tend to be more favorable than "off-the-street" applicants since they're already in the company and have at least some experience within the company.

Not to say that laterally transferring to these more popular operations is the way to go, it just appears to me to be a real popular option.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Who want to lateral to Redlands? LOL

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Transfer to Redlands??? o_O Por que?

janos987

Forum Ride Along
Have you tried to call HR & ask why you keep getting declined? Or do even have a possibly idea of why you keep getting declined?

Keep your head up though either way, I haven't gotten jobs that I have really wanted. I finally realized I had to get on with who ever I could until something better opened up. Best of luck.

I've tried several times by leaving messages and emailing, to no avail. To my knowledge there shouldn't be anything against me, I've a strong work history and spotless criminal and driving (with a class A, no less) records. My issue isn't so much not getting the ones I want, it's that I've run out of places to apply.

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
I have an interview with AMR Rancho coming up, I've read through the old threads on here, but just wanted some updated info.

Medic pay on a 24? Relationship with fire? Is AMR still being dispatched without fire on certain calls? 911/IFT breakdown?

Thanks in advance.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
Who want to lateral to Redlands? LOL

Transfer to Redlands??? o_O Por que?

There's a couple of reasons. A few of my co-workers actually live out that way and got hired into LA County Operations with hopes of lateraling into San Bernardino County since they couldn't get on with Rancho/Redlands when they were job searching. This does not seem to be uncommon.
A couple more that I've worked with in the past were sitting on their medic license (either completed their medic while working as an EMT in LA County or had it and couldn't get into Rancho/Redlands at the time) and weren't particularly interested in working as an IFT medic in LA County.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
What's the ratio of 911 to IFT calls for Riverside part time paramedic?

ALS transfers are not all that common. I'd say 7/1 ratio. Doesn't mean you won't get stuck with a BLS transfer when there are "No BLS units available"

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
ALS transfers are not all that common. I'd say 7/1 ratio. Doesn't mean you won't get stuck with a BLS transfer when there are "No BLS units available"
BLS call means I get to play EMT and just drive haha

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Been this way since I been working here. If it's BLS the medic is not required to be primary.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
I was just thinking that lol. But yeah, 911 still requires medic to attend all calls.

OP
OP
Amberlamps916
I transferred from San Bernardino County AMR to Santa Barbara County and was surprised to find out medics can have their EMT partners ride in the back on 911 calls that they deem to be BLS. I drive a lot now.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I've never understood why places mandate the medic attend all calls. If the medic is part of the assessment, what is the hang up?

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
From what I understand there have been situations where the medic allows the EMT to attend and patients didn't receive adequate care.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
From what I understand there have been situations where the medic allows the EMT to attend and patients didn't receive adequate care.
Does having the medic attending in the back guarantee the patient "receives adequate care" if the medic has already decided the patient doesn't have any need for ALS interventions? We all know ~95% of our calls aren't emergencies, and I don't think it would be a stretch to say a large majority of EMS calls in many areas have no need for any ALS treatments on scene or during transport.

I'm all for providing an assessment that is up to my personal standard and then allowing a lower level provider to attend the patient. Even more than that, I routinely assess patients that have been dispatched as ALS and then turn over care to a BLS provider as I get back in my intercept truck and drive the other direction. There are times that this is perfectly appropriate, and like everything else it needs to come down to provider responsibility and accountability.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Just boils down to crews making bad decisions and ruining things for everyone else.