AMR Irwindale interview

SGV EMT

Forum Probie
Thank you both for the information! Sounds like a good place to be so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

OP
OP
D

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
Pay scale is as follows:

9s: 12.47
11.5s:11.53
12s: 12.47
24s: 9.55

As GJ said earlier, you get paid for the full 24. HR told me earlier today, "You could sleep for 24 hours if you wanted to and if we were that slow"

Last edited by a moderator:
I just took the EMT test there today. Did better than I thought I would do. They told me the next step is skills testing and an interview. The waiting game begins......also, any tips on the skills or interview questions would be greatly appreciated.

SOSummers7

Forum Ride Along
DANNO hi i just applied to AMR-Irwindale and was told to make an appt to come in and take the written test. i was hoping maybe you had some tips on what to expect on the written test, interview, and skills test?

thank you!

LAKings

Forum Probie
DANNO hi i just applied to AMR-Irwindale and was told to make an appt to come in and take the written test. i was hoping maybe you had some tips on what to expect on the written test, interview, and skills test?

thank you!

Back in may i called them up to set up a test day, took about two weeks until i got to go in. Went in and passed the test. know your emt class book from start to finish, the test was no joke. Then waited a month to go in for skills and interview. The skills was like an interview where i was asked questions about trauma scenarios, what I would do on a syncopy patient, explain how the heart works and how blood is pump through out the body, explain the difference between copd and cva, and a hands on with op and np airways (indications + contrindications) and how to use them. I thought i did really well and the guy said i knew my stuff. Afterward i went down stairs for an interview but they said no interview that hr would contact me in 24-48 hours. Waited about two weeks for a thanks but no thanks email and that my test was good for 6 months..

It sucked cus i really wanted the job but im with a different 911 company now so i cant complain :) good luck!

SOSummers7

Forum Ride Along
Back in may i called them up to set up a test day, took about two weeks until i got to go in. Went in and passed the test. know your emt class book from start to finish, the test was no joke. Then waited a month to go in for skills and interview. The skills was like an interview where i was asked questions about trauma scenarios, what I would do on a syncopy patient, explain how the heart works and how blood is pump through out the body, explain the difference between copd and cva, and a hands on with op and np airways (indications + contrindications) and how to use them. I thought i did really well and the guy said i knew my stuff. Afterward i went down stairs for an interview but they said no interview that hr would contact me in 24-48 hours. Waited about two weeks for a thanks but no thanks email and that my test was good for 6 months..

It sucked cus i really wanted the job but im with a different 911 company now so i cant complain :) good luck!

Wow thank you for all the great information. I appreciate it! :)

carmbrust50

Forum Ride Along
Great info guys! I am going into AMR Irwindale tomorrow for my written test. Super nervous. Working on an IFT company for 5 months has made me forget a lot. -__- Studying up like crazy for the past couple weeks. Feeling confident but worried of course. haha Any last minute tips for the written?

energystar

Forum Crew Member
Yup. I'd say a lot more than a handful

Artesia
Bell
Bell Gardens
Bellflower
Cerritos
Commerce
Cudahy
East L.A.
Florence
Hawaiian Gardens
Huntington Park
La Habra (ran by LaCo fire)
La Mirada
Lakewood
Maywood
Montebello
Norwalk
Paramount
Pico Rivera
Santa Fe Springs
Signal Hill
Whittier

Or you may just have really big hands. :p

MAMed

Forum Probie
Hey guys. Thanks for all the great info. I go an email from AMR today to schedule a test, but I didn't say what location it would be for. Is all their testing done out of either Irwindale or Lancaster?

OCemt86

Forum Probie
Or, if anyone can just answer outright, I'm curious as to which cities in LAcO/OcO AMR currently runs 911 in. (I was told AMR is losing many contracts)

Care now runs 18 out of 19 cities in OrCo for 911, Shoreline being the other 911 provider (in house with OCFA in Westminster). Doctors and Emergency are still "technically" running 911 as far as I'm aware in a couple of cities, but I'm fairly sure Care is taking over the Doctors contract as of August 1st, 2015 and have already taken over Emergency's contract.

As for LaCo, do not quote me on this as I only really work the area when I pick up extra shifts and they're IFT's, but I'm fairly certain Mckormic and Care run the majority of LA, with Ameri-Care being the other provider. I'm sure there's more to it than that.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Care now runs 18 out of 19 cities in OrCo for 911, Shoreline being the other 911 provider (in house with OCFA in Westminster). Doctors and Emergency are still "technically" running 911 as far as I'm aware in a couple of cities, but I'm fairly sure Care is taking over the Doctors contract as of August 1st, 2015 and have already taken over Emergency's contract.

As for LaCo, do not quote me on this as I only really work the area when I pick up extra shifts and they're IFT's, but I'm fairly certain Mckormic and Care run the majority of LA, with Ameri-Care being the other provider. I'm sure there's more to it than that.

Doctor's retained only Laguna Beach. Emergency kept Brea and YL. Westminster is Shoreline. Everything else is now Care

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief

AmeriCare only runs 911 in one city in LA County, and that's Santa Monica.

Out of the 7 EOAs for the County, AMR has 3 of them, everything north of and including Santa Clarita (from what I hear, Lancaster and Palmdale get pretty busy) as well as the southern half of the San Gabriel Valley. That includes El Monte, Temple City, Rosemead, City of Industry, La Puente, Walnut, Diamond Bar and I'm probably forgetting one or two.

Westmed/McCormick has 2 EOAs, basically South Bay area. (Malibu, Torrance, Inglewood, South Gate, Carson, Palos Verdes, and some more in that area)

Schaefer has 1 EOA, the northern half of the San Gabriel Valley, Monrovia, Azusa, Glendora, Pomona, etc.

Care has the last EOA, which is the eastern part of the County, Whittier, Montebello, Norwalk, Signal Hill, etc.

I'm attaching a map from the LEMSA website that shows where all the EOAs are for who (all the white space is handled by the local FD themselves)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1435700755300.pdf
    0 bytes · Views: 250

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Thank you guys for all this info! I passed everything and am waiting for the medical with AMR in SGV. I looked up that La Cañada Flintridge is still considered a part of the SGV and wondered who covers them?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Thank you guys for all this info! I passed everything and am waiting for the medical with AMR in SGV. I looked up that La Cañada Flintridge is still considered a part of the SGV and wondered who covers them?
Schaefer covers La Canada Flintridge, (and a large chunk of the SGV as well as the San Gabriel Mountains south of the 2) and Altadena, Monrovia, Duarte, Bradbury, Azusa, Glendora, Claremont, Irwindale, Covina, San Dimas, Pomona.

http://file.lacounty.gov/dhs/cms1_206858.pdf

LaurenG

Forum Ride Along
Looking to transfer to LA. Would like 911. Currently AMR. I don't mind transfer or changing. Who runs 911 close to Burbank? Should I go to San Gabriel or Santa Clarita ? Who pays more? Please help.
HR sucks and I can't get ahold of anyone for AMR.

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Looking to transfer to LA. Would like 911. Currently AMR. I don't mind transfer or changing. Who runs 911 close to Burbank? Should I go to San Gabriel or Santa Clarita ? Who pays more? Please help.
HR sucks and I can't get ahold of anyone for AMR.
Where are you at now for AMR? Close to Burbank would prob be Santa Clarita since you could stay on the 5 to get there to many of the stations.