American Ambulance [Massachusetts]

NorthShoreRich

Forum Ride Along
Good Morning and Happy New Years!

Does anyone work for or know about American in New England? I've been talking to them about a paramedic position but doens't know a great deal about them.

Can any of you provide some insight beyond I know they are doing all IFT at this point.

Thanks for any help!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Good Morning and Happy New Years!

Does anyone work for or know about American in New England? I've been talking to them about a paramedic position but doens't know a great deal about them.

Can any of you provide some insight beyond I know they are doing all IFT at this point.

Thanks for any help!

They're owned by a European company by the name of Falck who is trying to make progress in the American market.

It is an IFT company, but they also do responses to nursing homes and other facilities as well as backups for Boston EMS. I want to say that they have around ten paramedic units?

dmc2007

Forum Captain
They're owned by a European company by the name of Falck who is trying to make progress in the American market.

It is an IFT company, but they also do responses to nursing homes and other facilities as well as backups for Boston EMS. I want to say that they have around ten paramedic units?

According to OEMS (which I realize isn't always reliable, but it's ballpark), American has 15 total vehicles. From what I have seen, the bulk of that fleet is BLS-I'd guess they have somewhere around 3-5 paramedic trucks.

As far as intel, I know they recently opened a base in Beverly, so obviously they are trying to expand into the north shore. I've spoken to a couple of their employees while waiting around in dialysis centers, and they all seem relatively satisfied with the company.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
According to OEMS (which I realize isn't always reliable, but it's ballpark), American has 15 total vehicles. From what I have seen, the bulk of that fleet is BLS-I'd guess they have somewhere around 3-5 paramedic trucks.

As far as intel, I know they recently opened a base in Beverly, so obviously they are trying to expand into the north shore. I've spoken to a couple of their employees while waiting around in dialysis centers, and they all seem relatively satisfied with the company.

I saw a truck labelled what I thought was P10 yesterday, maybe they just have an odd way of numbering vehicles.

Before being bought out this time, American bought up what was left of General and Mercy (I think). Some drama with that one according to coworkers but apparently things are settled now.

dmc2007

Forum Captain
I saw a truck labelled what I thought was P10 yesterday, maybe they just have an odd way of numbering vehicles.

Before being bought out this time, American bought up what was left of General and Mercy (I think). Some drama with that one according to coworkers but apparently things are settled now.

Probably just a weird way of numbering-all their BLS trucks are numbered 101, 102, etc., so it would fit.

From what I understand Mercy and General (as well as Response and a couple of other iterations) became Samaritan before being purchased by AA. There were some shady dealings going on there before AA took over (with rumored mob involvement) but that has been eliminated with AA in the building.