Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
For those who would love to come find out more about Ambulnz we are having an open house on Sunday, November 6 from 10am-2pm at our Monrovia station:
140 West Chestnut Ave
Monrovia, CA 91016

We are currently hiring EMT's, Paramedics, Experienced Dispatchers Field Supervisors. We are building a dream team of EMT's and Dispatchers and Field Supervisors, the most important people in the industry, who are the best at what they do and focus on providing the best service for our customers.
Ambulnz is a new company, rapidly growing, with fresh and exciting ideas, innovative technology and an emphasis on patient care, customer service and employee work/life balance. Opportunities for high earnings exist for those who are motivated and deliver exceptional patient care and service. If you are a new EMT or an EMT who needs a change to an environment of respect and courtesy, Ambulnz may be for you.

If you would like to learn more about the company come anytime between the hours of 10am and 2pm. On site interviews will be conducted by our management team so bring your resume and all required certifications. Food and refreshments will be available to applicants.

You will need to bring:
EMT's:
Resume (optional)
Driver's License
EMT Card
CPR Card
2011 LA Expanded Scope of Practice certificate
Medical Examiners Card-can be obtained prior to orientation date
Ambulance Drivers License-can be obtained prior to orientation date

Dispatchers/Call Takers:
Current EMD/ETC or EMT card - we can provide training if you do not have EMD or ETC.
CPR Card

140 West Chestnut Ave
Monrovia, CA 91016

just for clarity sake, you said you're hiring medics but didn't supply a checklist for medic applicants. do you currently have an als program or you're trying to staff emt bls positions with medics for if/when you establish an als program?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
just for clarity sake, you said you're hiring medics but didn't supply a checklist for medic applicants. do you currently have an als program or you're trying to staff emt bls positions with medics for if/when you establish an als program?
They own impulse which has a medic program.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Kevinf

Forum Captain
Hello....

We extend the invitation to come to our Monrovia office tomorrow. I will be there to answer questions about "THE MODEL" and for you to see for yourself what the buzz is all about.

See you soon!

Hi, is the company willing to hire at $72,000 per year as salary? I will be into your office as soon as possible if so. Let me know.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Hi, is the company willing to hire at $72,000 per year as salary? I will be into your office as soon as possible if so. Let me know.

Why would they do that? The compensation package is performance based, liked a commissioned sales position.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Why would they do that? The compensation package is performance based, liked a commissioned sales position.
Hmmm than either way they would have to pay at a minimum, minimum wage due to CA being a state with labor laws prohibiting wages based off commission alone.

Kevinf

Forum Captain

I'm a high performance machine. If the model is realistic, they should have minimal objections to salary for experienced providers with good references, a solid work ethic, and open availability. What do you say Ambulnz?

Gavin Burnett

Forum Probie
OPEN HOUSE 140 W. CHESTNUT AVE, MONROVIA, CA 91016

Our last Job Fair was a success but we still have positions available. Ambulnz is having another job fair on Sunday, November 20 from 10am-2pm. We are currently hiring EMT's, Paramedics, and Experienced Dispatchers. We are continuing to build a dream team of EMT's and Dispatchers, the most important people in the industry, who are the best at what they do and focus on providing the best service for our customers.
Ambulnz is a new company, rapidly growing, with fresh and exciting ideas, innovative technology and an emphasis on patient care, customer service and employee work/life balance. Opportunities for high earnings exist for those who are motivated and deliver exceptional patient care and service. If you are a new EMT or an EMT who needs a change to an environment of respect and courtesy, Ambulnz may be for you.

If you would like to learn more about the company come anytime between the hours of 10am and 2pm. On site interviews will be conducted by our management team so bring your resume and all required certifications. Food and refreshments will be available to applicants. We will have employees available to share their experiences at Ambulnz. Positions available throughout LA County, Orange County and San Diego. Don't miss out on this opportunity to be a part of the Ambulnz team. Start the holidays off with a great paying, rewarding job.

You will need to bring:
EMT's:
Resume (optional)
Driver's License
EMT Card
CPR Card
2011 LA Expanded Scope of Practice certificate
Medical Examiners Card-can be obtained prior to orientation date
Ambulance Drivers License-can be obtained prior to orientation date

Dispatchers/Call Takers:
Current EMD/ETC or EMT card - we can provide training if you do not have EMD or ETC.
CPR Card

140 West Chestnut Ave
Monrovia, CA 91016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Question I have is some of your employees have these Bushy beards, what do they do when they have to wear an N95 mask? How do they get around N95 mask fitting and I thought that was an OSHA requirement?

Ambuwatcher

Forum Crew Member
Question I have is some of your employees have these Bushy beards, what do they do when they have to wear an N95 mask? How do they get around N95 mask fitting and I thought that was an OSHA requirement?

Part of the new "MODEL". Requirements don't apply. Huge cost savings and greater efficiencies.

BobBarker

Forum Lieutenant
I believe we have a difference of opinion. Glad to discuss....if your willing
How about you teach your dispatchers to properly schedule patients and not lie to them over and over and over first(oh were 10minutes out, oh were 30 minutes out, when in reality they were never even on the board to begin with)before you introduce a new method...Ive talked to a couple ex-employees of your company who work for a different company now, and they don't have very nice things to say. other than the new ambulances were nice. Even the ex-owner of Aegis(before he sold it to Ambulanz) was shocked to hear of how downhill it went after he sold it. Your company screwed one of my family members transportation multiple times because the dispatchers keep lying and they could care less what they tell the patient. Thank God the new company my family member uses, which has your ex-employees at it, knows how to schedule patients properly, show up ON TIME and not have rigs with no A/C transporting dialysis patients in 90+ degree LA Summer heat. It's one thing to be late for a discharge but it's really bad to be constantly late for a dialysis pickup, as people's lives depend on it. I wonder if your upper/executive management ever rides in the field and does a full shift every once in awhile to see how things are going and get an employees perspective?

Last edited:

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
How about you teach your dispatchers to properly schedule patients and not lie to them over and over and over first(oh were 10minutes out, oh were 30 minutes out, when in reality they were never even on the board to begin with)before you introduce a new method...Ive talked to a couple ex-employees of your company who work for a different company now, and they don't have very nice things to say. other than the new ambulances were nice. Even the ex-owner of Aegis(before he sold it to Ambulanz) was shocked to hear of how downhill it went after he sold it. Your company screwed one of my family members transportation multiple times because the dispatchers keep lying and they could care less what they tell the patient. Thank God the new company my family member uses, which has your ex-employees at it, knows how to schedule patients properly, show up ON TIME and not have rigs with no A/C transporting dialysis patients in 90+ degree LA Summer heat. It's one thing to be late for a discharge but it's really bad to be constantly late for a dialysis pickup, as people's lives depend on it. I wonder if your upper/executive management ever rides in the field and does a full shift every once in awhile to see how things are going and get an employees perspective?
Wow sorry to hear that! If you need any contacts with the county, would like to file a complaint with CHP please do PM me. It's only going to get better if somebody sais something.

BobBarker

Forum Lieutenant
Wow sorry to hear that! If you need any contacts with the county, would like to file a complaint with CHP please do PM me. It's only going to get better if somebody sais something.

Let's just say that's been done :) but thank you for that. Logisticare said it will look at their contract as it's not their only complaint also. When we used to talk to the drivers, they were the ones who opened up to us about the real problems there. It was pretty funny seeing 2 ex-employees there so much happier at my family member's new transport provider. Here is my one warning to anybody applying: Don't work there.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Let's just say that's been done :) but thank you for that. Logisticare said it will look at their contract as it's not their only complaint also. When we used to talk to the drivers, they were the ones who opened up to us about the real problems there. It was pretty funny seeing 2 ex-employees there so much happier at my family member's new transport provider. Here is my one warning to anybody applying: Don't work there.
Say no more. Logisticare. Logisticare is like a central hub. What they do is feed the calls out to ambulance companies that need business. If the ambulance company does not favor the call they will give crappy ETA's or pawn it off to another company. In your case it seems they want to keep the call and ive seen this done at most mom and pop shops. May I ask what company is servicing your family now? Good luck and wish you and your family the best. LA county is filled with crappy overnight services.

BobBarker

Forum Lieutenant
Say no more. Logisticare. Logisticare is like a central hub. What they do is feed the calls out to ambulance companies that need business. If the ambulance company does not favor the call they will give crappy ETA's or pawn it off to another company. In your case it seems they want to keep the call and ive seen this done at most mom and pop shops. May I ask what company is servicing your family now? Good luck and wish you and your family the best. LA county is filled with crappy overnight services.

Yup, say no more at LA County lol. The service used now is All Town Ambulance. The reviews aren't the greatest online either, but they have actually been on time almost every single day they have been used(knock on wood). Unfortunately the HMO gets to choose what service/broker to be used, so we don't really have a choice, but my family member is a lot less stressed now :)

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I once transported an EMT from one of our biggest competitors (when I was in LA). We considered that company to be a little.... Shady. We asked him why he didn't have his company transport him, assuming they probably give employees discounted or free rides. He said "No way in hell would I let them transport me."

I'm not saying it wasn't Liberty.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

TheComebacKid

Forum Crew Member
Currently working a 24 hour shift, and I gotta say, reading all 22 pages of this thread was a really informative and entertaining way to pass the shift along.

My only interaction with Ambulanz was gawking at their edgy looking company name and truck wrap at the Cedars and St. Johns ED bay. Unfortunately I never had a chance to talk to the crews, but I have a buncha questions next opportunity I get.

All of us who work in EMS obviously don't come to the private sector for the money (if that wasn't abundantly clear). It's a stepping stone to greater and meaner things. Coming from a family of EMS professionals, I like to believe that I take patient care and bedside manner very seriously on the job, among other things.

That being said, It really frustrates me to see brand new IFT companies approaching fresh EMTz, brand new and oblivious to the game and how it works in LA, promising milk and honey like new equipment, rigs, uniforms, and contracts (I remember my first company First med told me that they planned to get a county 911 contract/EOA the next time contracts were going to be negotiated).

These companies always fail to deliver, resulting in salty, burnt out EMTz who treat the job and title like garbage. (Like someone else mentioned earlier, EMTz in unshaven with gross looking uniforms, hauling *** on surface streets for a nonemergent transport, blasting music all the way) who spend the next couple of months, maybe even a year or two, trapped doing dialysis and CDO 5150s, until theyre discouraged enough to find a new career path, or luck out and get hired by one of the four 911 companies. I know the whole pop up ambulance dialysis/Medicare abuse system in LA county is nothing new, it's just disheartening, especially watching it happen in my home city of all places.

My take on this this compay is nothing new. a brand new company, with a fancy modern/urban/gendrified headquarters on the surface but at the end of the day just a glorified taxi cab (yes, that's what it truly is, whoever got offended by the term a few pages ago) running gurneyvan and wheelchair van calls.

Also, stop with the Armenian mob jokes, they're offensive and only four of my cuzzo's own IFT companies. (and they're hiring too if you need work, aper.)

Sorry if any of this was convoluted or awkward to read/understand. English is my second language and I read/write at like a 2nd grader level (which is why I'm the perfect LACoFD candidate :b)

Status
Not open for further replies.