Ambulance Hijacked by Patient

SmokeyBear

Forum Crew Member
Not at gunpoint, but while I was loaded with a different patient. Barely made the newspaper. It was a heckofa fight.

Kip

I'm assuming everyone made it ok or you would have said something BUT, you KNOW you aren't getting away with that small blurp--> DETAILS MAN!

Last edited by a moderator:

AMPEMT85

Forum Probie
I saw an episode of COPS once where in North Las Vegas the medics who were transporting a guy who crashed his car into a brick wall after being chased by the cops escaped from the back of the ambulance and was running down the road. The helicopter used to track the first chase caught the second chase on film. You can see him bust out of the back of the rig and run down the street.

Before they put him in the back, you could see that he was NOT properly secured to the backboard. I think they used seatbelt straps and just taped across the forehead side to side, not the cross-over from forehead to chin...so he got out pretty easily.

totally embarrassing! :rolleyes:

Maybe we should start asking the patients if they have any weapons or needles on them we should be worried about before transporting them like the police do...:p

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I'm assuming everyone made it ok or you would have said something BUT, you KNOW you aren't getting away with that small blurp--> DETAILS MAN!

I have it all typed out at home. I posted it in here years ago. It was the reason for taking DT4EMS to the next level. I was a full time police officer and a part-time medic at the time.

Short story is: We were transporting a stable cardiac patient into Jefferson City. Dispatch asked if we could "check on a body in a ditch". We did...........

Guy was drunk. Jumped in the drivers seat and off we went. After a little "scuffle" the ambulance came to a stop. MSHP Trooper arrived to take knuckle head from under me :)

SmokeyBear

Forum Crew Member
I have it all typed out at home. I posted it in here years ago. It was the reason for taking DT4EMS to the next level. I was a full time police officer and a part-time medic at the time.

Short story is: We were transporting a stable cardiac patient into Jefferson City. Dispatch asked if we could "check on a body in a ditch". We did...........

Guy was drunk. Jumped in the drivers seat and off we went. After a little "scuffle" the ambulance came to a stop. MSHP Trooper arrived to take knuckle head from under me :)

Thanks for responding :) That has to be the craziest story I've ever heard!! Its a shame you didn't get pics lol