1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.

Airborne bloodborne pathogens test

Discussion in 'Education and Training' started by C.T.E.M.R., Oct 30, 2010.

1. C.T.E.M.R.

C.T.E.M.R. New Member

just did mine today, passed like nothing, i just don't see why you need to get separate training for all ems/ff/hospital organizations/occupation if its the same test. i wouldn't mind doing it again for an other squad but it just seems like a waste of time to me . Whats your thoughts on it?
  2. Flight-LP

Flight-LP Active Member

EMS Training:
    Critical Care Paramedic
    My thought would be to contract an airborne pathogen and then advise us if it is still a waste of time.

Nothing that educates prevention measures is ever a waste of time.
  3. frostbiteEMT

frostbiteEMT New Member

Education, Education, Education. They say practice makes perfect and I completely agree with your standpoint Flight.
    What if BSI wasn't drilled into our heads? Would you say putting on gloves was a "waste of time" if the patient didn't look to be bleeding but when you assessed was pouring blood?
  4. C.T.E.M.R.

C.T.E.M.R. New Member

i understand its important, and yes bsi should be drilled in our heads but i think it should be like an every six month thing instead of once a year for every service you might run with, personally i use gloves for almost anything, and i always know where my mask is on the rig. i can understand your standpoint, some people just dont get it and dont use proper precautions