AEMT Written Test Question

Gastudent

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys I have the NREMT AEMT written coming up at the end of July, and I was wondering if anyone on here has taken it recently? If you have could you tell me if it was anything like the EMT B test, or just a whole other level. I can't find anything substantial about it anywhere, so any information that you could give to me would be very useful. Thanks in advance.

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
I have heard that it has not been changed from basic so most answers are still basic. That is why people fail it a lot, at least that's what my teacher has told us.

OP
OP
Gastudent

Gastudent

Forum Crew Member
I have heard that it has not been changed from basic so most answers are still basic. That is why people fail it a lot, at least that's what my teacher has told us.

Are you trying to say people over think it???

And for the guy that posted before you I go to southeastern tech.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Honestly I don't think the test is that well designed. You definitely do have to study hard for it, but there are alot of obscure questions.

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
My teacher talked to a guy that helped write it and he said most the answers are still basic but it is still a hard test you need to prepare for and yes people over think on the test. But that's just what I have heard, I haven't taken it yet. So I would study everything I could to be prepared.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
My teacher talked to a guy that helped write it and he said most the answers are still basic but it is still a hard test you need to prepare for and yes people over think on the test. But that's just what I have heard, I haven't taken it yet. So I would study everything I could to be prepared.

This. People get caught up in all the possible ALS treatments when the answer is BLS.

VirginiaEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys I have the NREMT AEMT written coming up at the end of July, and I was wondering if anyone on here has taken it recently? If you have could you tell me if it was anything like the EMT B test, or just a whole other level. I can't find anything substantial about it anywhere, so any information that you could give to me would be very useful. Thanks in advance.

I just took the NREMT-P test and passed it and I thought it was easier than the EMT-B test. Study a lot of the basics and a little of the ALS stuff... Know operations, Haz-Mat, etc.

Btalon

Forum Probie
I just took the AEMT test and didn't feel good about it after. I found out today that I passed it and was more than excited.

Anyone taking it, I suggest making sure you know vitals and what problems they correspond to, know your physiology and brush up on your meds.

OP
OP
Gastudent

Gastudent

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for replying to the thread. I was wondering was there a lot of operation questions, and the ones that you did have were they difficult or easy?

Btalon

Forum Probie
Thanks for replying to the thread. I was wondering was there a lot of operation questions, and the ones that you did have were they difficult or easy?

Not a lot of operation questions, I had no apgar on mine and one gcs question, I studied the heck out of those thinking I'd be called on them more, but was surprised I didn't. The gcs question was easy.