Advanced certs?

silverTTQC

Forum Ride Along
I've been looking to get on with CC and flight services however I dont have these certifications at the moment. Some will hire without but its really hard without..

I'm looking to obtain my CCEMT-P, CC-P, TCC-P and FP-C and needing some direction or ideas on doing this..
I'm currently living in Asheville, NC and AB-Tech holds a CC class twice a year but I'm wondering if other individuals have advice on obtaining these other certs..

Thanks everyone...
Kevin

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm doing a mostly online fp-c prep program (worth 96 CEU) through creighton university EMS education department, and so far it's been amazing. I'd look into that. It's a semester long class.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm nota flight medic so I won't be able to adequately answer your questions, but http://www.flightweb.com/forums/index.php has a lot of great information regarding anything you'd like to know about certs, experience, etc required for your first flight job. A quick search of the site should answer all of your questions. Good luck!

OP
OP
S

silverTTQC

Forum Ride Along
Thanks guys, I will check them out.. I had an interview for a CC position this last wk and after 14hrs of driving, interviewing, ect I found out I was turned down.. Depressing..

So I'm looking to obtain these advanced certs to put myself into a high end position..

So wondering if anyone here has completed these certifications and their opinions..

OP
OP
S

silverTTQC

Forum Ride Along
Thanks TransportJockey for the site.. Sounds pretty interesting and was also interested to see a M.S. degree program.
The FP-C program you mentioned is encompassed under the 'critical care' program? I didnt see any specific FP-C program but looked like the critical care program prepped you for both the CC-P and FP-C tests. I would assume you plan to test with BCCTPC?
Also this looks like its just a certificate program and not necessarily a recognized CC license like the UMBC program.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
UMBC's CCEMTP program is not a recognized licensed program. It is one of many available courses that provides an overview of critical care. Most UMBC programs do not include a clinical experience and their reputation does not hold nearly the same weight as it did 10 years ago.

The only "recognized" credentials that are weighted for most CAMTS compliant transport programs is the BCCTP FP-C or CCP-C certifications.

Do not be discouraged with rejection. Let it make you stronger and more motivated. These positions are highly competitive, chances are you will hear several no's before you get the coveted yes.

Good luck.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
What's TCC-P?

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
What's TCC-P?

Board for Critical Care Transport Paramedic Certification.

The "board" that oversees the Flight Paramedic Certification (FP-C) and Critical Care Paramedic Certification (CCP-C).

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Thanks TransportJockey for the site.. Sounds pretty interesting and was also interested to see a M.S. degree program.
The FP-C program you mentioned is encompassed under the 'critical care' program? I didnt see any specific FP-C program but looked like the critical care program prepped you for both the CC-P and FP-C tests. I would assume you plan to test with BCCTPC?
Also this looks like its just a certificate program and not necessarily a recognized CC license like the UMBC program.

Correct, this program preps the student to take either the FP-C or CCP-C. I do plan to take my FP-C w/ BCCTPC.
And the other people are right, the UMBC is considered an add on cert in most states, just like NRP or PALS.