ADL with points on driving record?

cchamberlain97

Forum Ride Along
Just recently finished my EMT-B training. Passed the NREMT and sent all my stuff into the state.
I have two points on my driving record with the DMV from an accident that happened two and a half years ago. They come off in February. Will this stop me from being eligible to get the ambulance drivers license? (Special to California) and if not, will it flag me as non-hireable when I go to apply for jobs? Specifically with Care or AMR?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
No and probably not

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Only thing I would imagine is when you turn in the H-6 and they see any infraction on it. Unless its something major I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Just recently finished my EMT-B training. Passed the NREMT and sent all my stuff into the state.
I have two points on my driving record with the DMV from an accident that happened two and a half years ago. They come off in February. Will this stop me from being eligible to get the ambulance drivers license? (Special to California) and if not, will it flag me as non-hireable when I go to apply for jobs? Specifically with Care or AMR?

ADL is being issued by DMV, and as long as you're eligible for a regular DL, you're eligible for ADL as well. The issues start when you apply for a company that needs to include you in their insurance, and if your driving record cranks up the premium too high, they'll can your application on the spot and pick up someone else.

Another point to consider is the actual infractions; if it's a minor one (i.e. speeding, sliding a stop sign etc) it will have less impact than something along the lines of a serious accident or a DUI. Our driving record is a decent measurement of personal responsibility, and unreliable liabilities are generally... not desired.