ACR's

SnowMedic

Forum Probie
Just wondering how long it usually takes you to fill our your ACR's after a call? It seems like it's going to take forever to get through the 101 codes & questions:wacko:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I'm guessing ACR is your version of PCR, which is patient care report?

Depends on the call. If it was quiet in the back of the rig during transport I can get most of it done en route while keeping my eyes on the pt doing my assessment. If it wasn't calm and a long call, can take upwards of 20min or more, but keep in mind we're still stuck with pen and paper and not ePCRs.

OP
OP
SnowMedic

SnowMedic

Forum Probie
Yes I would assume they are the same thing... Ambulance Call Reports. Paper and pen is super time consuming! 20 minutes seems about the same amount of time that it's taking me... can seem longer though 'eh?

JPINFV

Gadfly
A lot of the time if the trip is longer than 10 minutes I'm almost completely done with the PCR prior to completing the transport. Unless there's a delay offloading, I was normally back in service within 10 minutes of arriving.

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Here on our ePCR a transfer takes about 10 mins. An emerg call 20 - 25 mins. An emerg call where you were busy and did a lot of stuff, get a coffee, you're gonna be awhile.

So many check boxes, interventions that you have to corelate times for, and as the Drs don't like trying to decipher the convoluted mess that prints out, I do a narrative in the comment section that ends up with most of the same info anyway. Thats what they want to read and the rest is CYA.

And they say computers are better and save paper. Yeah, right!

41 Duck

Forum Lieutenant
At my "home" station, we recently downgraded from EMStat 4 to EMStat 5. They SAID it was an upgrade, but that was an outright lie. Paperwork times roughly doubled.

It would, of course, depend on what manner of call you're trying to log (I hear interfacility transports don't take as long as a regular call), the level of care you're providing (BLS isn't going to be logging as much as ALS), and what computer program you're working with.

Typical BLS call: 10 minutes.
ALS call: 15-20+ (depending on what all I did).

Later!

--Coop