5 responsibilities of an EMT

Sikiller15

Forum Ride Along
May i know what you guys have?? And thanks

5 responsibilities of an EMT.. (not d star of life ok) thanks

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Ummm, not exactly sure what you mean, I have a lot more than 5 responsibilities.

Sasha

Forum Chief
We are not going to do your homework!

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I also do my own homework....open any chapter of your book 1-5 and the answers should LEAP out at ya....

Darn you Sasha!

Last edited by a moderator:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
This is probably a good indication your instructor wants you to read the book...

AlphaButch

Forum Lieutenant
1. Carry my monitor.
2. Buy my coffee.
3. Make me look good in front of the MD.
4. Wash the truck.
5. Clean the stretcher.

/i keed. i keed.

Is this a homework assignment?

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
From the AAOS Emergency Care and Transport of the Sick and Injured, Tenth Edition, table 1-6, they are:
  • Keep vehicles and equipment ready for an emergency
  • Ensure the safety of yourself, your partner, the patient, and bystanders.
  • Emergency vehicle operation.
  • Be an on-scene leader.
  • Perform an evaluation of the scene.
  • Call for additional resources as needed.
  • Gain patient access.
  • Perform a patient assessment.
  • Give emergency medical care to the patient while awaiting the arrival of additional medical resources.
  • Only move patients when absolutely necessary to preserve life.
  • Give emotional support to the patient, the patient's family, and other responders.
  • Maintain continuity of care by working with other medical professionals.
  • Resolve emergency incidents.
  • Uphold medical and legal standards.
  • Ensure and protect patient privacy.
  • Give administrative support.
  • Constantly continue your professional development.
  • Cultivate and sustain community relations.
  • Give back to the profession.

Is that what you were looking for?

Edited to add:

But yes, I would suggest reading the text book. They didn't give you that big book to try to build upper body strength ;).

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I will assist him with his English homework if he wants though...

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Seriously Critter?

We do no student any favors by handing answers on a silver platter, we do right by them when we encourage critical thinking skills and self reliance/independence.

They have the tools at their disposal and they need to use them. Posting on a forum is not a tool to use for these types of questions.

Had the student stated he has searched his book and was considering xyz but wanted clarification or affirmation he/she is on the right track, then we steer them to definitive answers by walking them through a path of reason. This approach assures their retention of the knowledge and leads to a better educated provider (we hope) eventually.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Seriously Critter?

We do no student any favors by handing answers on a silver platter, we do right by them when we encourage critical thinking skills and self reliance/independence.

They have the tools at their disposal and they need to use them. Posting on a forum is not a tool to use for these types of questions.

Had the student stated he has searched his book and was considering xyz but wanted clarification or affirmation he/she is on the right track, then we steer them to definitive answers by walking them through a path of reason. This approach assures their retention of the knowledge and leads to a better educated provide (we hope) eventually.

Exactly. Welcome to the forum, but stop doing other people's homework for them. It's pretty much an unwritten policy on this forum.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
As someone who has been a tutor in many classes for many years, sometimes you need to show them where to find the answers so they can learn to find them on their own.

This is only his first question. Now if he had made habit of asking us questions like that, that would be another issue.

Edited to add:

Advice noted. I'll wait before jumping in next time.

Sasha

Forum Chief
As someone who has been a tutor in many classes for many years, sometimes you need to show them where to find the answers so they can learn to find them on their own.

This is only his first question. Now if he had made habit of asking us questions like that, that would be another issue.

Edited to add:

Advice noted. I'll wait before jumping in next time.

how is he going to learn where to find the information when it is spoon fed to him?

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
Forgive me, I was only trying to help another student. I thought that by also giving where the answer came from, it would encourage him to look it up and check there for answers to future questions. I didn't mean to overstep any unwritten boundaries (or if they were written, I apologize for not noticing them, and would appreciate someone pointing me in their direction.)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Forgive me, I was only trying to help another student. I thought that by also giving where the answer came from, it would encourage him to look it up and check there for answers to future questions. I didn't mean to overstep any unwritten boundaries (or if they were written, I apologize for not noticing them, and would appreciate someone pointing me in their direction.)

I understand where you're coming from, but the fact that they came here to ask for the answer to such a easily found question shows that they don't care much about the content. So I imagine this answer will go directly onto their homework, and they'll forget that that chapter even exists. At least that's what I'm seeing.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I understand where you're coming from, but the fact that they came here to ask for the answer to such a easily found question shows that they don't care much about the content. So I imagine this answer will go directly onto their homework, and they'll forget that that chapter even exists. At least that's what I'm seeing.

Exactly.

JPINFV

Gadfly

To be fair, it's a bit of a BS question. A BS question that should be extremely easy to answer if he decided to interpret the squiggly lines (a process we call "reading") printed inside the book, but a BS question to begin with.

/Waiting for the 10 responsibilities of a physician homework question...

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
To be fair, it's a bit of a BS question. A BS question that should be extremely easy to answer if he decided to interpret the squiggly lines (a process we call "reading") printed inside the book, but a BS question to begin with.

/Waiting for the 10 responsibilities of a physician homework question...

No argument here, however, the key part of your statement is that it requires reading...had the OP done his required reading, perhaps this question would not have been posted.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I like this question. 5 responsibilities of an EMT:

wash the truck
carry the bag
go back for the clipboard
carry the patient out with fire while I "get the truck ready"
restock at the end of shift

Oh, wait. Those are delegated responsibilities, aren't they?