40 y/o female heat exhaustion

JohnnyAndRoy

Forum Ride Along
Well I think we've missed the point here people. Clearly, this runner's problem was an overdose. Sudden onset of an altered level of consciousness, pale and diaphoretic skin and near-syncope. This is a first time runner with a SERIOUS opiate problem. Instead of worrying about cold packs and cool floors, let's focus on what really needs to be done. I am not a fan of administering Narcan to overdose patients that are conscious. It's just going to agitate them and may throw them into violent withdrawal. I think the priorities are RSI (as quickly as possible), good oxygenation AND THEN we administer Narcan. After that, we can calm her down with a benzodiazepine or barbituate. Come on people, we are paramedics here. we deliver ADVANCED life support, not cold pack life support. I consider my rig a mobile ICU. If they give us all of these meds, why shouldn't we use them? Just my .02.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Well I think we've missed the point here people. Clearly, this runner's problem was an overdose. Sudden onset of an altered level of consciousness, pale and diaphoretic skin and near-syncope. This is a first time runner with a SERIOUS opiate problem. Instead of worrying about cold packs and cool floors, let's focus on what really needs to be done. I am not a fan of administering Narcan to overdose patients that are conscious. It's just going to agitate them and may throw them into violent withdrawal. I think the priorities are RSI (as quickly as possible), good oxygenation AND THEN we administer Narcan. After that, we can calm her down with a benzodiazepine or barbituate. Come on people, we are paramedics here. we deliver ADVANCED life support, not cold pack life support. I consider my rig a mobile ICU. If they give us all of these meds, why shouldn't we use them? Just my .02.

Is this a joke?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I think she's rejecting her heart donation. Or she IS a heart donor.;)

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
:nosoupfortroll:

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
I wasn't the one who posted "I read it in a study" and then didn't post a citation. ;

You've been around for a while, you should know better.

Post unsubstantiated crap, prepare to have your chops busted.

;)
You're right. There's still a few things out there that I learned as fact, but have never looked up, but got stored in my brain as true. Been slowly trying to flush those out.