2 Weeks in LA

IvanD

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys,

I'm currently a college student, I'm originally from Hong Kong and I go to school in Minnesota. However, this coming summer after my summer plans with my parents and stuff I will be in LA for 2 weeks more or less.

I'm currently a WFR and will be taking EMT-B in the fall. Currently working as a student first responder for club sports on campus and during those two weeks I'm hoping to be able to perhaps take some courses medically related?

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas of what I should do? I would love a course that specializes in sports injury as we deal with a lot of rugby games here. Any suggestions would be grateful!

Thanks guys.

CAPilot55

Forum Crew Member
CPR class for Professional Rescuer. Are you up to speed with the 2011 guidelines?

OP
OP
IvanD

IvanD

Forum Crew Member
I'm actually a lifeguard with Red Cross, just finished training. Forgot to mention that!

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
It'd be hard to find a class in LA within those two weeks...which two weeks?

OP
OP
IvanD

IvanD

Forum Crew Member
Mid-august to End of August, I'm pretty certain.

Might be a bit more than 2 weeks, and also does not have to be limited to LA but anywhere within like a 100 mile radius would be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreezerStL

Forum Crew Member
It'd be hard to find a class in LA within those two weeks
True.

Although you haven't taken an EMT course yet, you might want to look around at local hospitals. Many of the EMS continuing education classes cover basic ideas. Most lectures are free, and only a couple of hours long.

My suggestion, If you are planning on taking basic in the fall, would be to focus on learning as much anatomy and physiology as possible.

^_^

nonsense

Forum Ride Along
I agree with the above responses. There wouldn't be much to do as far as short classes that you could take within a 2 week time frame as far as EMS is concerned. Continuing education classes wouldn't do you much help seeing as you don't have EMT yet. You could take BLS/CPR but you may have that already since you are a first responder.