Zoll tablet PCR blues

medic417

The Truth Provider
If any of you get saddled with this poor excuse for a run sheet BEWARE! You don't give patient care anymore, you do data entry for your billing company!

It's truly an elite product. :rofl: Maybe one day they will get a more user friendly program for you guy's.

Farmer2DO

Forum Captain
And why shouldn't we be doing data entry? If it can be done at the same time, what's the problem? Good data entry means quicker billing, which is how many of our jobs are justified.

I switched from EMS Charts to Zoll Charting. OMG. Best thing we ever did. Our chart lock times dropped. You can zip throug most charts in under half an hour. Like usalsfyre said, it's very important to have people willing to put time, effort and money into running it. I think it's a great program.

medic417

The Truth Provider
And why shouldn't we be doing data entry? If it can be done at the same time, what's the problem? Good data entry means quicker billing, which is how many of our jobs are justified.

I switched from EMS Charts to Zoll Charting. OMG. Best thing we ever did. Our chart lock times dropped. You can zip throug most charts in under half an hour. Like usalsfyre said, it's very important to have people willing to put time, effort and money into running it. I think it's a great program.

See you chastise but then you state a problem with the system. Many services do not spend the money or time to set it up so that it is user friendly. Having worked with numerous systems I have to say that it is the least user friendly I have seen even when it has been customized.

We all understand that our reports whether paperwork or computer determine how much can be collected from those that will pay or that qualify for reimbursement from insurance.

Joe

Forum Captain
The only epcr I've dealt with is eMeds or Meds (can't really remember) once you get the flow if it it becomes pretty easy to get a run inputed before you clear the er. Never used the zoll but I haven't had luck with any of the other stuff they make

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Short transports I always make a paper PCR with assessment and treatment info. Though the only thing that usually changes on 5150's is med list, allergies, and pmh... But this way if we get another call right away, I can finish it later no issues.