Zoll Rescuenet EPCR or ImageTrend Elite EPCR

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Does anyone have experience using both of these EPCRs? I have played with both of them. I find the ImageTrend flowed better than the Zoll. I would like to hear from people that have used them.​

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I've used them both. Remember, they're fully configurable on the back end and developing a logical flow for the providers can be accomplished with some support help.

When I used RescueNet it was extremely convoluted and difficult to navigate, with many of the "should be optional" fields marked as mandatory without an easy way to get back to the spot you missed. Once we had the Zoll support guys in house, and we explained what was wrong, all of the issues were fixed in a matter of days.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Starting Dec 1 we will be using the ImageTrends Elite so I can get back to you then

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Starting January 1st, we're moving away from the Zoll ePCR software, I'm kind of excited.

I know nothing about ImageTrend though, sorry @cruiseforever.

Reactions: NPO

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I used the old ImageTrend that used to be an application and I recall it mostly being blue and gray. I liked it. We switched to this ImageTrend that is on a web browser. It has been a horrible horrible experience. Very unreliable. Always get this "Unable to connect to Internet" issue unless you switch to another version and back (one is just ImageTrend Elite and other is ImageTrend Elite Field). When we send data from our Philips monitor, most of the ECG is missing, broken images, really short, not what I printed, etc. The vital signs times are off frequently by up to like 20 minutes and missing all of the SpO2. The drop downs for stuff like their trauma are not sane; They have all these unique situations like volcano erruption, but miss common things or word it weird so it is difficult or impossible to find something that works with ground level fall and stuff, lol. Um, I guess our company hasn't fixed validity stuff yet so it is easy to forget to put the MRN and it isn't straight forward (Billing Info > External Number, it opens and box you can type the number and use the drop down for hospital receiving medical record number). Our billing info box disappear when downloading the CAD cause it switches our service from ALS transport to bus/auto. I can go on and on about all of the problems I have had with this new ImageTrend. I feel like an alpha or beta tester working in a busy system. It takes me like an hour to do PCRs now with it constantly crashing or not posting and running like 7-8 calls. I am either staring at a patient or staring at ImageTrend. It sucks.

I used Zoll TabletPCR before. I am guessing it isn't the same. I initially didn't like it, but got used to it and was okay with it.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
@Aprz Sounds like most of your issues are on the administration level. Lots of those issues can be resolved in the configuration of the system. Your street medics should only be using Elite Field, theres basically no reason for them to use the regular Elite. Field is a persistent platform that only requires a web connection when you sync first thing in the morning. The drop downs are regulated by the NEMSIS 3 standard, they are the same for me in NJ as they are for you wherever you are. Your administrator can also set default values, so it sounds like he has your field default set to ALS transport and the Elite set to bus/auto.

I am a system admin on Imagetrend in two services. Both the version 2 and Elite. I liked Version 2 and how much i can customize it to look and validate my way and Elite took that to a whole other level. They have added a ton of features to make it a really solid platform for gathering clinical data and making the form change based on the call type. I have worksheets for AMA, helicopter activation, trauma criteria, ect.

OP
OP
cruiseforever

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
I've used them both. Remember, they're fully configurable on the back end and developing a logical flow for the providers can be accomplished with some support help.

When I used RescueNet it was extremely convoluted and difficult to navigate, with many of the "should be optional" fields marked as mandatory without an easy way to get back to the spot you missed. Once we had the Zoll support guys in house, and we explained what was wrong, all of the issues were fixed in a matter of days.

That's the feeling I got when I was playing with it. Did Zoll provide the inhouse training?

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
We are moving away from the Zoll product and I'm excited. RescueNet is slow, and buggy. It frequently crashes or has hidden errors that pop-up. I have found several things that plain don't work, or are likely to cause it to crash. It's almost daily where a software issue causes me problems.

The software were going to is supposed to be faster. A non-healthcare wife of one of our administrators finished a basic PCR in 8 minutes.

The GUI of the new product looks a little childish, but I'm okay with that. Big buttons, icons with text, and a logical workflow.

Supposedly it's also going to allow us to follow up on patients we drop off at the hospital.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
We are moving away from the Zoll product and I'm excited. RescueNet is slow, and buggy. It frequently crashes or has hidden errors that pop-up. I have found several things that plain don't work, or are likely to cause it to crash. It's almost daily where a software issue causes me problems.

The software were going to is supposed to be faster. A non-healthcare wife of one of our administrators finished a basic PCR in 8 minutes.

The GUI of the new product looks a little childish, but I'm okay with that. Big buttons, icons with text, and a logical workflow.

Supposedly it's also going to allow us to follow up on patients we drop off at the hospital.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
And hopefully no more printing!

Reactions: NPO

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Were using iPCR at my PRN job and it's really good. I can do a simple chart start to end in less than 10 minutes.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
@Aprz Sounds like most of your issues are on the administration level. Lots of those issues can be resolved in the configuration of the system. Your street medics should only be using Elite Field, theres basically no reason for them to use the regular Elite. Field is a persistent platform that only requires a web connection when you sync first thing in the morning. The drop downs are regulated by the NEMSIS 3 standard, they are the same for me in NJ as they are for you wherever you are. Your administrator can also set default values, so it sounds like he has your field default set to ALS transport and the Elite set to bus/auto.

I am a system admin on Imagetrend in two services. Both the version 2 and Elite. I liked Version 2 and how much i can customize it to look and validate my way and Elite took that to a whole other level. They have added a ton of features to make it a really solid platform for gathering clinical data and making the form change based on the call type. I have worksheets for AMA, helicopter activation, trauma criteria, ect.
I somewhat figured that it was that. My company is never going to change it to make it easier for field crews, lol. We've had it for a month and a half and they pretty much have done nothing to fix these problems.