Zoll AED

Kimmy Schaub

Forum Probie
has anyone used one?
Is it any different from a regular defib?

colafdp

Forum Lieutenant
We carry Zoll's on car, and we like them. We were debating between the LP12's, and Zoll's, and we picked the Zoll's just based on our liking them more than the LP12. There's not really much of a difference between the Zoll's, and any other monitors we looked at. It's got the switch to turn from pacing, monitor, and defib. You pick which one you need and go. Comes with SP02, NIBP, EtCO2, 12 lead, and we enjoy it.

PS Not only is our Zoll a manual defib, it's also an AED all in one, so it's kinda handy when we just have a BLS crew show up somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
it isnt fundamentally different from any other aed, but it does have some extra features.

the pads come together as one piece. in the center is an accelerometer which is placed right under your hands and provides feedback while doing compressions. "push harder", "good compressions" etc.

there is also a metronome built in marking out an audible, consistent 100bpm

i've been in a position to discuss at length the design and execution of this device with one of the doctors on the design panel. its a very interesting device.

mikie

Forum Lurker
the pads come together as one piece. in the center is an accelerometer which is placed right under your hands and provides feedback while doing compressions. "push harder", "good compressions" etc.

there is also a metronome built in marking out an audible, consistent 100bpm

Is there an image out there of the 'pads that come together'?

That sounds really handy (no pun intended...)- I don't think ours has that and I didn't know that it was something they could do. Seems really helpful, but it is no excuse for not knowing good CPR (we're treating the pt.s and not the machines!)

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
aedplus20pad.jpg

the bottom pad is detachable to accomodate uuummm.... above average sized patients

Last edited by a moderator:

mikie

Forum Lurker
the bottom pad is detachable to accomodate uuummm.... above average sized patients

well not just that, but if it needs to be moved because of a pacemaker, or it needs to go posterior for whatever reason

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
well its not quite long enough to be place posteriorly interestingly enough. just about a 4 inch extension. and wouldnt you be more likely to need to move the upper pad to get around a pacer?

EMT007

Forum Lieutenant
^ that short of an extension would also make them essentially useless for *proper* pacing (assuming you use the anterior/posterior placement as recommended).

We use the Zoll CPR stat pads, which have the CPR feedback accellerometer thing, but does not attach the pads with that blue contraption. They've worked well for us.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
i agree. its not my favorite device. i dont get a say on what device we carry.

if i had my druthers, heartstart fr2.