Youth Corp.

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Now you have them. But what do you do with them? I was just wondering what some of the agencys do with their underaged kids. Like events, things to attract newer members. I ask because we are revising our system. And as much as I would like it to be independant; if you want to be here you come, if you don't you don't come; but thats not how they want to run it.

We have the basic 2 meetings a month. One where its "business talk" and another thats supposed to be a training session. But thats where the lack of "umph" fails.

So ideas anyone?

(P.S. posters who want to say something about undeage etc. and all that stuff that has come out on other threads LEAVE IT OFF THIS ONE!)

Last edited by a moderator:

NJN

The Young One
In order to remain a cadet on my squad you have to put in at least 4 hours a week, and attend 90% of all cadet meetings. In addition to being observers on calls we are the people who are the ones in the parades, they do car wash fund raisers stuff like that. They provide additional manpower during large events (Each cadet has FA/CPR/AED until they get into an EMT Class) such as manning the FA stations or providing an extra set of legs to pedal a bike for the bike team. Thats pretty much it, except that Cadets do all the probie jobs when there are no probies around.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Talk to your liability folks to see what limitations are set by your insurer first.