Your state license

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
How do you transfer your license to another state?

There is usually a fairly simple reciprocity process. In most cases it's an application, copy of your current certs and a letter from your old state's licensing/credential office stating that you are in good standing and havent had your cert suspended or revoked.

Some states (like Florida) make you take a test, but most accept NREMT.

Run with scissors

Forum Lieutenant
Thank you, that is good to know. Do you know if I have to live in the state im applying for? Because I would like to have everything good to go before I move.

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
Indiana initial was like 6 weeks to get my cert in the mail. Was an obnoxiously long wait. My renewal I did last week was instantaneous. I had the signed forms from work in-hand (verification of CE), logged onto the state website, completed the very simple online renewal and it was instantly renewed, cert printable immediately. With the simple instant renewal process, there is the 'risk' of being audited, a certain percentage of renewals are audited so you MUST, absolutely MUST have your signed CE form in-hand because if you're asked to submit it, you have to do so nao, no "OMG I'm being audited I need to get signatures... Have them in-hand when you complete the renewal so you don't have the stress if you do get audited.