Your state license

jgray92

Forum Probie
So how long did it take your state to renew or approve your license?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Renew: a week
New: 3 months.

Washington

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Initial-Instantly
Renew-Instantly

FLORIDA

Test results produced on site when testing. Renewal online is a few mouse clicks and a money transfer.

OP
OP
jgray92

jgray92

Forum Probie
What was the hold up in Washington? And in Florida did you take a state test after your national CBT?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Not many people in the department to process the applications is what I have been told.

OP
OP
jgray92

jgray92

Forum Probie
Oh wow, well that's a shame. At least you get your renewal done quickly. What do you use for recert? My instructor says that my school does a recert class for a few hundred.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
New: 2-3 weeks
Renew: 1 week

California. You can also look on California's registry site before you get your card. www.centralregistry.ca.gov

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
New?
NH, DE CT and GA all took less than a week.

Washington took 10 weeks for my initial EMT, but paramedic only 6. Apparently paperwork is transferred by burro there.

OP
OP
jgray92

jgray92

Forum Probie
You sir have gotten around in this field lol. When they say snail mail they mean just that don't they?

Attachments

• SnailMail1.jpg
    SnailMail1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 300
OP
OP
jgray92

jgray92

Forum Probie
Initial-Instantly
Renew-Instantly

FLORIDA

Test results produced on site when testing. Renewal online is a few mouse clicks and a money transfer.
I wonder if it was done in the military.

and so far you take the cake for second ohio. If only all states worked that way.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
If you have all of your ducks in a row, CA can be instant depending which county you go to. It varies by county, even though it's a state license. LA County takes 1-3 months. Ventura County (an hour away) is instant. Kern County is 1-3 days. Unless you bring treats, then it may be instant.

OP
OP
jgray92

jgray92

Forum Probie
So in California you have multiple places you can bring it to? That's odd. I figured everywhere was just one office. Like in tn it's the dept. of health. Worst part is there's like one woman to do all the initial and renewal licenses for the state, the process is very slow going.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
So in California you have multiple places you can bring it to? That's odd. I figured everywhere was just one office. Like in tn it's the dept. of health. Worst part is there's like one woman to do all the initial and renewal licenses for the state, the process is very slow going.
You go to the local county ems office. But since its a state license, any county office will do.

OP
OP
jgray92

jgray92

Forum Probie
Why is it that everywhere else seems better than tennessee? I can't wait to get away from here. Mostly the allergies and the crappy weather, but then you have the genius that is state government lol. I've been dealing with them for four years as a security guard, I'd rather pull hens teeth than have to work through the process more.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
CA took a week or so for initial, don't remember about the renewel.

MA was instant, was handed a card on my way out of the testing center. Don't know about renewel cause I never did :b

OP
OP
jgray92

jgray92

Forum Probie
Tennessee takes about two weeks, I haven't had to take a renewal yet.