Year and a half paramedic courses in CA

mo2002

Forum Crew Member
I'm having a tough time finding the courses that offer this type of program. Most I find are of the 6 month variety. I remember before I finished my EMT course I was able to find em but I have no clue where I found em.
Can anyone provide input on such schools that offer it, preferably socal?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Try community colleges... they tend to break things up into semesters and for them, Paramedic school is usually divided across 3 semesters. I don't know if there are any in SoCal, but there are a couple up in NorCal/Bay Area that I seem to recall...

OP
OP
mo2002

mo2002

Forum Crew Member
Try community colleges... they tend to break things up into semesters and for them, Paramedic school is usually divided across 3 semesters. I don't know if there are any in SoCal, but there are a couple up in NorCal/Bay Area that I seem to recall...
Mind providing the name of those institutions up in the bay?

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
San Francisco City College
Santa Rosa Junior College

Both are communiyy colleges and should cost between $4k-$6k (rather than the normal $12k).

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Also Foothill College in Los Altos Hills (think near Cupertino) may still have their Paramedic Program. American River College in Sacramento also has a 3 semester program... I think. Foothill may be on a quarter system, so it would be fast, like Fall/Winter/Spring and I'm not sure what their prerequisite courses are.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
A decent number of medic programs in SoCal are 12 months.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
moreno valley college formerly rcc is 1.5 years isn. you program starts every fall sem and graduate usually october the following year. its academy style but last i heard no more PT in the morning. all bs aside at the heart of it is a great program.

class 13!