Yahoo! - Nurse in Flu-Shot Scare Claims Innocence

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
MINNEAPOLIS - The woman offering flu shots for $20 in the commons area at Augsburg college seemed plausible enough — green scrubs, white lab coat, stethoscope — that some three dozen people willingly paid their money, rolled up their sleeves and let her plunge the needle in. But no one had scheduled a flu clinic. No one knew who the woman was. And no one could be sure what was in those syringes.

Read more <here>

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Yeah, this is weird. I was thinking about it - I wonder how she advertised, or did she just sit down and start soliciting people right there? I know where I went to school everything like that was run in the school infirmary, and the school put up posters and sent emails if anything was ever moved to another location... just seems weird that so many people would just let some woman stick them in the middle of the student center...

BTW, I think someone was looking for information on EDP's before... I think we found one here. She doesn't sound like the most stable person.

OP
OP
SafetyPro2

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
At my school (USC), the center "commons" area and some of the main walkways were always crowded with scores of tables by various groups. Security kept a pretty good eye on things, but I know some of them were "unauthorized", particularly the ones that sprouted up on the less travelled walkways. Wouldn't be too hard for someone like this to set-up there.