Written test tips?

ITguy27

Forum Probie
Hey everyone future Paramedic (hopefully) from the Southcoast of Mass here. I took my NREMT-B practical test about two weeks ago and I'm planning on taking my written somewhere around Thanksgiving just to give myself enough time to study.

My main question is basically what should I focus on? I've seen in other threads people just saying to read the book, the book we used is pretty intimidating, it's the AAOS 10th edition: Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured.

My plan is to start at chapter one and make flash cards of all the chapters, while skimming through and reading pieces I need a refresh on. I also have access to jblearning.com. The course through a local community college was half online and half in class so we did a lot with jblearning. Supposedly from what the instructor said the material on jblearning has shown a marked increase in first time pass rate.

I'm not a good tester/study person I remember things pretty well and can usually answer questions when asked, but in a sit down testing setting I tend to freeze/go blank at times. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

EMT B

Forum Captain
I started making the flashcards and got bored with it. So many other people have made the flashcards already. Use the online chapter quizzes to figure out what it is you need to go over. Also, if you have an iOS or Android powered device go to the store and get EMT Review™ Plus. If you do not have one of the devices, go to this website and sign up.

Good luck! It's not as bad as you think!

EDIT: This is what I did. Passed at question 71 in 20 mins

Last edited by a moderator:

CFal

Forum Captain
My test was Monday at 3:00, Sunday morning I started going through the chapter Powerpoints, stopped for the Patriots game, continued after the game, then Monday i got up and finished going through the chapter Powerpoints. I had my mass EMT and it had been over a year after I got out of class before taking the NREMT.