Worthwhile Online CME Courses?

NomeProvider

Forum Probie
I'm a relatively new EMT I from Alaska (we haven't adopted NR yet, although I plan on taking that test shortly just to get that cert as well). I won't likely have the chance to take an advanced EMT course for a while; however, I'm interested in starting to learn some of the skills to both improve my patient care now and make the class easier when I do take it.

Since I live in Nome Alaska, travel is not really an option. I'm looking for online courses that are worth taking. Internet here is very expensive, so something that's not particularly video-heavy would be beneficial (a 6Mbps plan is $300+/month). I'm willing to pay for a course if it's worthwhile, but free is always better (as long as the content is good, of course). I'm with a volunteer department so funding through them isn't really an option; however, it's worth my own time and money to me that I become the best provider that I can be if I'm going to run with them.

I'd also be interested in book recommendations if you think they're worthwhile; again, I'm happy to expand my knowledge outside of my scope of practice right now so that when I do get my EMT-A (or P) rating I'll be that much more effective. I'd be delighted to start studying 12-leads, etc. even if I can't use them yet.

Thanks in advance - stay safe!