Working For Hall Ambulance

ER562

Forum Ride Along
Hello,
I have been an EMT in SoCal for a little over 2 years, the majority of that work being with a 911 provider. I have been looking into applying to Hall ambulance in Kern County, not only because of the great reputation it has, but because I'd like to get a more solid foundation on my career path. I have a question though..How do I transition from being accredited here in Orange county, to working in Kern County? How or where do I go to get accredited there? Will the company get me the accreditation or do I need it in order to even have my application acknowledged?

Any help is appreciated!

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
As an EMT you only need your CA state card to apply and work in Kern co, there is no county accreditation for EMTs.
See the Hall Ambulance thread for anything else.

OP
OP
E

ER562

Forum Ride Along
As an EMT you only need your CA state card to apply and work in Kern co, there is no county accreditation for EMTs.
See the Hall Ambulance thread for anything else.
Thank you for the reply! Now, here we have to get orange county accreditation and take the expanded scope of practice course for it. What is the scope of practice like for Kern County? I'm sure you're allowed to do more there correct? So does that training come from the company?
Sorry for all of the questions. Just trying to make sure I have a good understanding of everything.