Working at Elite Ambulance

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Personal opinion- I have found a lot ( not all, but most) places that offer cash incentives after a time amount do so because they have problems keeping employees.

My question would be, What's the turn over rate?

Elite Ambulance

Forum Ride Along
We usually have no problems getting people through the door. If you look at Craiglist, most of the ambulance companies are offering a sign on bonus so we are just trying to keep up with what others are offering. The majority of our employees are either brand new or have been here at least 1 year. When our employees leave us it is usually because they got hired on to sheriffs, 911 companies or fire departments.

Just because we are trying to get people in the door doesn't mean that we are a bad company and we are not a revolving door of EMT's...We have some really good contracts and some of our employees are leaving us to go to the next level.

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
COmedic17, check this thread: http://emtlife.com/threads/elite-ambulance-la.35334/#post-504330, and this one: http://emtlife.com/threads/ellite-ambulance-service.32265/page-2#post-469956 and this one http://emtlife.com/threads/elite-ambulance-in-los-angeles.28080/. They were having such a hard time keeping employees at one point that they were giving new hires IPAD Minis, check this thread out: http://emtlife.com/threads/company-offering-ipad-mini-to-new-hires.37521/#post-527003.

Seems like some of their former employees have pretty strong feelings about them, i personally wouldn't accept a job offer there, unless i was really hurting for money.

OP
OP
COmedic17

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Oh I'm not.
I am in a well run 911 system and I am very happy here. I have done my time in the IFT world. Lol

Whenever I see excessive incentives red flags just go up. If people actually wanted to work there, there wouldnt be incentives to draw people in. And California is saturated with EMS so there's not a short demand.

I know IFT is often a stepping stone, but if it's a pleasant working environment, EMTs and medics fresh out of school usually flock to well run IFT companies.

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
oh ok sounds good, just don't want someone to be fooled. Yeah there are some great IFT Companies out there including here in Southern California.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh I'm not.
I am in a well run 911 system and I am very happy here. I have done my time in the IFT world. Lol

Whenever I see excessive incentives red flags just go up. If people actually wanted to work there, there wouldnt be incentives to draw people in. And California is saturated with EMS so there's not a short demand.

I know IFT is often a stepping stone, but if it's a pleasant working environment, EMTs and medics fresh out of school usually flock to well run IFT companies.
Actually california is suffering emt and medic wise lol

Levi95

Forum Ride Along
Elite Ambulance is the most absolute terrible place I've ever worked I quit after 3 months

Levi95

Forum Ride Along
Would you mind sharing your experience with us?
I don't know how it is now, but when I was there it was terrible and I hear it still is. One of the supervisors would always be cussing at us and treating us bad. One of the dispatchers would do the same and call you talking crap yelling at you to hurry up and get to where you need to be even if there was traffic. One time my partner hit 2 parked cars with the Ambulance and I got all the blame for some reason. You'll always get calls on the opposite side of Los Angeles and expected to be there in 5 minutes.

Levi95

Forum Ride Along
I don't know how it is now, but when I was there it was terrible and I hear it still is. One of the supervisors would always be cussing at us and treating us bad. One of the dispatchers would do the same and call you talking crap yelling at you to hurry up and get to where you need to be even if there was traffic. One time my partner hit 2 parked cars with the Ambulance and I got all the blame for some reason. You'll always get calls on the opposite side of Los Angeles and expected to be there in 5 minutes.
I could go on even further but I don't have time

Qwerty123456

Forum Ride Along
I worked at elite for almost 3 years. I came to work everyday, caused no trouble and a HR dream employee. I left there about two years ago and found another higher paying job. Recently got a job in the Providence system and they required job verification. When the backround company called they said the dispatcher told them to fax paperwork to one of the supervisors. When the backround company called back an elite manager said said they never received it. After they called three more times and elite management unwilling to take their call, they called me. After I leave 5 voicemails and unable to speak with anybody, I stopped and call the company and told them I was also unsuccessful. I couldn't believe how management could be so unprofessional, especially when so many people that are pursuing Fire, PD, or any job in the medical field that requires extensive backround. i wouldn't reccommend anybody to this job as they can not be trusted with backgrounds which could destroy a career. Any ELITE AMBULANCE reps like to shed some light on what happened? I almost was stripped of career.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Actually california is suffering emt and medic wise lol
Yep. My company is/was hurting for medics, to the point where we started doing a sign on bonus for medics. We are a 911 company that has a great reputation in our area.

Angel

Paramedic
Why is this shortage? I'm applying to another job that's offering a bonus but I figured no one wanted to work there because of the reputation (myself included). I always figured we had a surplus of medics and EMTS here

Woodtownemt

Forum Lieutenant
Why is this shortage? I'm applying to another job that's offering a bonus but I figured no one wanted to work there because of the reputation (myself included). I always figured we had a surplus of medics and EMTS here
I've noticed this as well. Pretty much the cost of living cost is ever increasing and people just can't survive on Ems salaries. Yes there are tons of emts and medics but there is even higher number of them working in a different field. Especially in southern ca. The ones staying are the ones more then likely still living at home or with roommates and have no family of their own. Everyone else have to pay the bills without working 100+ hours a week.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
I've noticed this as well. Pretty much the cost of living cost is ever increasing and people just can't survive on Ems salaries. Yes there are tons of emts and medics but there is even higher number of them working in a different field. Especially in southern ca. The ones staying are the ones more then likely still living at home or with roommates and have no family of their own. Everyone else have to pay the bills without working 100+ hours a week.

This is why I gamble for a living. EMS is just a cover for uncle Sam!

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Low wages and a good economy = nobody wants to work ems. Bad economy, low wages= anybody will work ems to pay the bills. Emts and medics don't demand like they should. **** the McDonald's workers how come were all not uniting? The same people that piss and moan how this is just a stepping stone are the same people there 3 years down the line and still accepting the bad treatment. Ems is like an abusive relationship and the staff for the company's are the battered house wives. "He beats me because he loves me." The smart ones are the brave ones to leave the abusive relationship or fight back.