Will the state figure out my paperwork?

nepell

Forum Ride Along
Well i'll start off saying that i'm new to the website but it seems just like the place to find the answer to this question.

First of all I'm 17 years old and live in CT. I took my EMT-B class and passed my practical and got it out of the way. But just this past week I went and took my Cognitive exam through Nremt. (took assessment version since i'm under 18 as I was told to do by my instructor) Anyways I passed it but i'm not sure how the state will handle my paperwork, and if they will figure out to put my assessment test in as my cognitive exam since i didn't take Nremt. And also how long does the state take to process your paperwork?
If anyone could give me their experiences or suggestions that would be helpful.

EMS 911

Forum Probie
When I tested for my EMT-B, it was at the state cert, not NR. However, my intermediate and medic testing was through NR. The National Registry went through quite fast and that was sent on to the state....maybe a week or 2 and I received my certifications in the mail.

However, with my basic cert, things didn't work out quite as efficiently (even though I passed the practical/cognitive testing easily). The state managed to mess up my paperwork and it took a month to get it straightened out!

However, since you tested your basic as NR, I would think you will get everything in under two weeks (and you can always look up info at NR and state websites).

dmfinn

Forum Probie
Well i'll start off saying that i'm new to the website but it seems just like the place to find the answer to this question.

First of all I'm 17 years old and live in CT. I took my EMT-B class and passed my practical and got it out of the way. But just this past week I went and took my Cognitive exam through Nremt. (took assessment version since i'm under 18 as I was told to do by my instructor) Anyways I passed it but i'm not sure how the state will handle my paperwork, and if they will figure out to put my assessment test in as my cognitive exam since i didn't take Nremt. And also how long does the state take to process your paperwork?
If anyone could give me their experiences or suggestions that would be helpful.

Hey Nepell!

Been licensed in CT for about a year now and riding active for 6 months. I had some of the same issues you did. Once you receive your passing results, it can take up to 4-6 weeks for the review and certify process to take place. It personally took mine only 2 weeks, but I've had friends range the entire time span. If you are really worried, go to http://ct.gov/dph/cwp/view.asp?a=3127&q=387364&dphNav_GID=1827&dphPNavCtr=|#46950 , they have information on licensing and give you contact information for the OEMS division of CT DPH. Make sure that you have submitted an EMT application (available at the link), and be sure that your SSN on the application matches your SSN on the NREMT website exactly.

Also keep in mind you will only be state certified, at your age NREMT is not possible. First time CT state certs now last 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator: