Will Driving record affect me

Eli914

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I recently graduated as an emt basic, and I am currently waiting on my fl license to get approved. Anyways Before starting emt class I asked my professor who said it wouldn’t be a problem but I just want to be sure. If I got a reckless driving a little over three years ago on my driving record and a speeding ticket recently, will I be able to find a job? I got the reckless driving charge in Ga and all the points were taken off my license. I just want to know if I’ll be employable.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi, I recently graduated as an emt basic, and I am currently waiting on my fl license to get approved. Anyways Before starting emt class I asked my professor who said it wouldn’t be a problem but I just want to be sure. If I got a reckless driving a little over three years ago on my driving record and a speeding ticket recently, will I be able to find a job? I got the reckless driving charge in Ga and all the points were taken off my license. I just want to know if I’ll be employable.
How old are you, how many other points do you have?
This may vary based on where you apply. Places like AMR tend to have low standards. Mom and pop shops keep a higher standard because it keeps insurance costs low.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I wouldn't be too worried about the speeding ticket, but I can see the reckless driving being a problem with getting insurance to cover you.

ElectricCPR

Forum Probie
I'm a NYS Certified EMT-B, I'm not currently working an an EMT, but looking get in part time. I had 3 accidents in my personal vehicle would that affect my chance of a job placement?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
OP, you might be ok. Usually it's either 3 or 5 years that they look back.

Other person. Yes.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
OP, you might be ok. Usually it's either 3 or 5 years that they look back.

Other person. Yes.
Unless you are in CA where they look back 10 years. Not sure about a reckless driving charge but for DUIs it’s 7 years before my company will hire you.

OP
OP
E

Eli914

Forum Ride Along
How old are you, how many other points do you have?
This may vary based on where you apply. Places like AMR tend to have low standards. Mom and pop shops keep a higher standard because it keeps insurance costs low.
I am 22 will be 23 soon. Ga required me to take a bunch of classes after I got the reckless driving charge and a failure to maintain lane( I forgot to mention that) and I had to turn all that into the state who gave me the option of take all the points off my license, which I took. So other than the speeding ticket nothing else should have put points on my license. And I was hoping to get onto a 911 company, but i just want to gain some experience ,transport or 911, so I’m not being too picky about where I apply.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That yes was for me?
Yep. If you have multiple at fault wrecks in a short period of time you're a risk they might now want on their insurance

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
If they were not my fault it wouldn't effect? Also you used the words "major accidents", if they were not major it wouldn't effect?
Where did i say major wrecks? And if they're not your fault then it might be forgivable