1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

Why haven't I seen more MCI training events?

Discussion in 'Education and Training' started by marian, Jun 11, 2018.

1. marian

marian Forum Crew Member

Education:
    EMT
    Am I the only one who is getting a little annoyed due to the dearth of MCI training events/classes/seminars?

Maybe I'm just not seeing postings for classes, seminars, reviews and they are actually happening. Or maybe it's just my geographical area/service. Given the world we live in, it seems really silly that this hasn't become a common & frequent topic at training events/CEU classes.

Obviously, it'd be training that I'd hope I'd never have to use, but I'd really appreciate more training & clearer protocols for MCIs.

And, if you've been lucky enough to get further training on MCIs & triage & whatnot, wanna share some knowledge?

2. EpiEMS

EpiEMS Forum Deputy Chief

Education:
    EMT
  3. DrParasite

DrParasite The fire extinguisher is not just for show

4. Bullets

Bullets Forum Knucklehead

Education:
    Paramedic
    We have MCI related classes basically monthly in NJ, multiple ones run though the Federal agencies. exercises are hard to set up due to the manpower needed, but i our airports run at least one every year. Just need to look around

5. NPO

NPO Forum Deputy Chief

Education:
    Paramedic
    Additionally, every airport with commercial passenger service must host an MCI drill every 2 or 3 years.

6. NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic EMS Edumacator

Education:
    Paramedic
    Why not partner with your local agencies and host one?

7. Gurby

Gurby Forum Asst. Chief

Education:
    Paramedic
    Why bother? It'll never happen to me...