White collar

vbmedic11

Forum Ride Along
anyone in here know the secret to wearing uniforms with white collars and NOT have their make up rub off onto the collar?

I use primer
Foundation
Setting powder
Setting spray

And I don't blend down into my neck just so I don't get too much make up on my collar (more then I already do)

Suggestions? Thanks guys

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Have you had any luck with a spray-on stain remover? Shout and similar products work OK for the usual yellow stains.

OP
OP
V

vbmedic11

Forum Ride Along
Getting rid of the stain isn't a problem I'm asking how to prevent it. Walking around with make up on my collar is annoying lol

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I don't wear makeup on a count of I'm a dude 'n all, and the only time I wear a white collared shirt is when I put my penguin suit (i.e., supervisor suit) on.

I cringe at the thought of the dirt pile that collects by the end of the shift around the collar. Nothing fancy other than good old fashioned bleach, hot water, and a 15-30 minute soak in the washer.

I do put those shirts in a separate sack inside of the white load so as not to fade my patches, but that is the extent of the "tricks" that I have. I have kept those uniforms remarkably new considering their age.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Obviously not helpful
You say that but truthfully that is the only practical way.

White shirts in EMS is a stupid idea. Period. Theyre going to get dirty regardless of what you do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
White shirts in EMS is a stupid idea. Period. Theyre going to get dirty regardless of what you do.
I don't know about all of that. I actually like it, and think it looks that much more distinctive and professional. Aside from the dirt rings around my neck, I tend to keep the shirts themselves fairly clean throughout the shift.

And this is from a guy who is notoriously clumsy, known to muck up his regular duds with an array of snack-trailed goodness, and tends to run just as many calls regardless of the color of the shirt for the day.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't know about all of that. I actually like it, and think it looks that much more distinctive and professional. Aside from the dirt rings around my neck, I tend to keep the shirts themselves fairly clean throughout the shift.

And this is from a guy who is notoriously clumsy, known to muck up his regular duds with an array of snack-trailed goodness, and tends to run just as many calls regardless of the color of the shirt for the day.
Youve found some voodoo magic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I wore white shirts for a long chunk of my EMS career, and they do attract all manner of ick.

As for the female poster, I'd also second not wearing much makeup. Certainly not anything that'll get on your shirt.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
If your vanity requires both cosmetics and a clean collar, then you will need a new shirt color. That might mean a new service, or a new type of job.

If you are going to stay with your current employer, and they are not going to issue new shirts of a darker color, and you simply must have a clean collar, then the solution is no make up.

So it would seem to come down to a choice between the collar and the make up.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
My fiance said "tell the nice lady online to wear primer, blot throughout the day, and to Spray Natural Mineral Water Facial. when you feel necessary. also don't be an ******* when you tell her that"
I say babywipes, cuz they fix errything' yo.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
IMG_7171.JPG

Maybe try this stuff?

NycEmt7

Forum Crew Member
I haven't read the whole
Thread so pardon me if I repeat anything. Setting spray will help. Try the urban decay all nighter and using a translucent powder to set your foundation before the setting spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk