Where do you use the restroom?

patzyboi

Forum Lieutenant
After hours? if you catch my drift.

And when youre posting

Either at the hospital or a nearby 7-11.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Crew quarters...........

If we are out and about then we have hospitals, restaurants, or a nearby bush.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP

And when youre posting

No I don't believe I do "catch your drift". Why would you even care to know where grown people use the toilet?

OP
OP
P

patzyboi

Forum Lieutenant
No when its like 2am or later.

Most places are closed. Do you drive back to your company to use the restroom?

Anjel

Forum Angel
I Work nights. And we have Four posts.

Post 3. 5, & 10 are all within a mile from a hospital so I go there.

Post 4 is the far side of the city and there are 2 gas stations and they have the grossest bathrooms imaginable.

So ill call dispatch an ask for a "pee-tail".

Better than contracting gonaherpasyphalaids

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I usually just give myself a foley before shift starts. That, or I'll piss in a competing ambulance's gas tank. :cool:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Depending on where we're at we try to get to a gas station, but at some posts it's just not possible because of how rural the area is. We usually try and do it when we're at the hospital though. Otherwise pop in the back, use a urinal and dump it in some bushes.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I try and go at the hospital or the station. When times have been tough, I have totally gone in a patient's (nice) bathroom, or a portajohn on the side of the road.

The portajohn event was when I had a UTI and didn't know it.

The pt bathroom thing happens when we are on back-to-back calls and the scene is 1:40 min from the hospital. It takes FOREVER to get to the scene, and I know it will take FOREVER to get to the hospital, and if I have to pee, I have to pee.

I don't do it when pt condition dictates we hurry, because thanks to the parasympathetic nervous system I'm ok when I have work to do, but when granny needs a ride to the hospital and we are it, I don't mind.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Remember that hotels normally have clean restrooms in their lobby.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Depending on where we're at we try to get to a gas station, but at some posts it's just not possible because of how rural the area is. We usually try and do it when we're at the hospital though. Otherwise pop in the back, use a urinal and dump it in some bushes.

Unless your at 86/66 or in desert center where you just find a bush or a tree...

Anjel

Forum Angel
I try and go at the hospital or the station. When times have been tough, I have totally gone in a patient's (nice) bathroom, or a portajohn on the side of the road.

The portajohn event was when I had a UTI and didn't know it.

The pt bathroom thing happens when we are on back-to-back calls and the scene is 1:40 min from the hospital. It takes FOREVER to get to the scene, and I know it will take FOREVER to get to the hospital, and if I have to pee, I have to pee.

I don't do it when pt condition dictates we hurry, because thanks to the parasympathetic nervous system I'm ok when I have work to do, but when granny needs a ride to the hospital and we are it, I don't mind.

We had a medic fired for doing that. But there was a baby monitor in the bathroom and everyone heard the medic farting and grunting. Then they heard him not wash his hands.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
We had a medic fired for doing that. But there was a baby monitor in the bathroom and everyone heard the medic farting and grunting. Then they heard him not wash his hands.

When a call takes 3 hours and they sometimes run back to back. I sometimes get a little desperate. I always wash though. :)

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
At the station or hospital.

I think I might have gone for a slash in the patients bathroom maybe once, I can't honestly remember now.

A stop for pee is a good excuse to refuel too, can't have a vehicle with < 3/4 tank at watch changeover.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

And when youre posting

It's nice working in a 24 hour city. Always somewhere open to take a leak.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
It's always better to choose to go where you want when you can than to be forced to go where you have to go because you no longer have a choice. When tones drop I always pee. I blame my mother. I have to pee before I go to the store. And on transfers I always have my partner, pt, pt's accompanying loved ones to do a "pee check". Everhbody pees before we leave.