Whats your 2nd job if you have one?

Pittsburgh Proud

Forum Lieutenant
After posting on Capt.Hook's thread about wages in EMS I was wonder how many other work a second job and what it might be. I myself am a graphic designer and an EMT. :p

Capt.Hook

Forum Crew Member
I work as a carpenter. We build and remodel homes in some pretty nice areas. I probably might have quit the biz a while back if I didn't work on some dang nice and big homes. We (my co-workers & me) are fortunate to spend most of our time inside, either trimming the homes or shop work.

In my other job I'm very busy with our volunteer fire department. It seems there are always things to do, what with declining interest and participation.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
Fulltime flight medic, parttime street medic, parttime RT - REAL parttime.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Full time street medic in private service. Part time street medic for combination fire dept. Part time CPR instructor for education dept of Fire department. Own business in CPR First Aid instruction

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
full time mom, full time street medic for private service......looking for a pt gig somewhere.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Full time EMT for private service, part time FA/CPR instructor, vollie FF/EMT at local department, and install sat TV on the side.

EMTryan

Forum Crew Member
FT EMT for Private service, PT First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor for Red Cross

I only going to have 1 job at the end of the month. I'm leaving the Red Cross so I can dedicate more time to working as an EMT and picking up overtime. I am still going to volunteer...I am looking forward to helping to teach the Red Cross First Responder class.

certguy

Forum Captain
Full time transit bus driver , per diem ER tech , EMTB , ARC first aid / cpr instructor , CERT trainer / team member . I'm also a ham radio operator .

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Full time medic. I work in an overtime enriched environment.

Landlord, 4 apts and three commercials. It doesn't keep me that busy and I don't get much back now. It's the retirement income I'm looking forward to. At least thats what I keep telling myself. :wacko:

bonedog

Forum Lieutenant
Full time ambulance, part time, ski, fish, hunt, work out.

Skiing is sort of work, volly for an emergency medical team, gets me the odd call.

emt666

Forum Ride Along
full time county worker plowing in the winter where im needed in the spring thru the fall part time emt with local firedepartment and sister departments ambulance ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
Full time EMT-I, overtime abundant agency

Ops Paramedic

Forum Captain
Part time work for me is classified as what ever helps to pay the bills!! Mainly in the medical field, but there is TEMS and Navaho. Navaho is run by a paramedic who is for all intense purposes retired from the road and now has company running team building events. Whenever those jobs come around, i grab them as they are fun and we do not do anything medical for a change. The only aspect of my training i get close to on these ocassions is the rigging part of rescue!!

hazegry

Forum Probie
FT Navy with all the ot I want just no extra pay to go with it :p going to be Vol soon and looking forward to it.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Full time transit bus driver , per diem ER tech , EMTB , ARC first aid / cpr instructor , CERT trainer / team member . I'm also a ham radio operator .
what cert did you get for ham radio? i happened to get my tech plus a while back... that is when they still had that level lol

daemonicusxx

Forum Lieutenant
FT Field medic with 911 service. PT work on the lake. I drive a tow boat for Seatow, and i also Captain a 50' party barge and babysit drunks during the summer, pays decent, and i get a great tan.