What's up with the yellow feet on this chick?

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Had a female patient come in with a complaint of severe abdominal pain. Patient was early thirties and possibly a drug seeker. As patient was being discharged after being shot full of narcs I notice her feet are jaundiced big time. Just her feet. Patients husband notices me looking at them and says "why are her feet so yellow they weren't like that before?". I point it out to the nurse and she shrugs and that's the end of it. I'm coming up with nil on google. Any ideas?

FLdoc2011

Forum Captain
Without actually seeing them it'd be hard to speculate. Honestly I don't really know of anything that would causes isolated jaundice in the feet. I would think more along lines if non-pathological causes such as poor hygiene or some sort if stain or dye from socks/footware...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Webbed feet secondary to too many Facebook "duck face" photos?

Did she present with any angioedema?

4a6ebava.jpg

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
^ hahaha

Was she an IV drug user? Maybe shooting up in her feet / in-between her toes caused some type of localized reaction

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Raynauds can cause decreased blood flow to the distal extremities, if she had a olive skin tone decreased blood flow may make the skin look yellow.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Reminds me of when I was a new parent with our first born many moons ago....our beautiful red headed, fair skinned daughter was turning orange!!! Her nose was completely orange, her forehead was getting shades...overall skin tone but not as bad as the nose and forehead!!

Anyways, our ever so smart pediatrician was quick to note that we--her parents were the cause!!!

Our child LOVED V-8 Splash....and we happily obliged. Too many colorful fruits and veggies were changing her color. We started diluting her sippy cup with half juice and half water...within weeks, her color returned to normal. Whew, what a close call! :)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
1. Photo is misleading and not good quality on my monitor, they picked a black person to illustrate a bodywide yellow/orange coloration due to carotene (or carrot) overdose.

1. Did you SEE her whole body? Or were her legs OK but her feet yellow? How about her sclerae? If she has jaundice but uses a tanning booth or goes out in the sun, with her feet covered, she might have jaundice but the UV is burning it away where exposed. (Saw it once before and did a scenario on EMTLIFE about it).
2. Color off new socks?
3. Wore new boots, or boots got wet for the first time with her feet in them, and the chromate tanning pigment washed off onto her feet?

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

1. Photo is misleading and not good quality on my monitor, they picked a black person to illustrate a bodywide yellow/orange coloration due to carotene (or carrot) overdose.

1. Did you SEE her whole body? Or were her legs OK but her feet yellow? How about her sclerae? If she has jaundice but uses a tanning booth or goes out in the sun, with her feet covered, she might have jaundice but the UV is burning it away where exposed. (Saw it once before and did a scenario on EMTLIFE about it).
2. Color off new socks?
3. Wore new boots, or boots got wet for the first time with her feet in them, and the chromate tanning pigment washed off onto her feet?

I saw her whole body. There was maybe some mild jaundice on her palms nothing in her eyes.

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Stomping the dandelion crop for that years vintage?:unsure: