1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

What's a good woman's EMT boot?

Discussion in 'Ambulances and Equipment' started by Loshi, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Loshi

Loshi Forum Probie

Education:
    EMT
    I'm working in NorCal.

2. AtlasFlyer

AtlasFlyer Forum Captain

Education:
    EMT
  3. gotbeerz001

gotbeerz001 Forum Deputy Chief

Redbacks (~$150) if just for Ambo
    Haix Airpower R1 (~$275) if you need an all-purpose boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  4. gotbeerz001

Bricker-Mincolla in Oakland (557 5th St) had a good selection. A quick search on Google makes it seem they were taken over by Galls (?)

5. VentMonkey

VentMonkey Crackpot Premium Member

Education:
    Paramedic
    Redbacks are thee best EMS boot I have worn.
    Perhaps they're a licensed vendor of sorts? There is (was) a uniform store down in LB that was the same. You could order online from Galls and have it delivered to that store, and/ or sometimes go directly to that store for certain items found on their catalog/ website.

6. gotbeerz001

Some here seem to complain about lack of ankle support. Where I work (ambo), we don't do any real wilderness hike-ins so I have never needed anything beyond what Redback has to offer; sooooooo comfy

VentMonkey likes this.
  7. VentMonkey

Education:
    Paramedic
    I have heard similar complaints and I agree for your standard urban EMS gig they're great, plus, they had me with two words: slip on.

gotbeerz001 likes this.
  8. DesertMedic66

DesertMedic66 Forum Troll

Education:
    Paramedic
    I refuse to wear any form of slip on boots due to the lack of ankle support. We do hike in semi often on calls. I roll my ankles just normally walking so good ankle support is a must. My boots have saved my ankles countless times.

CALEMT likes this.
  9. Qulevrius

Qulevrius Nationally Certified Wannabe

Depends on your budget and the nature of your company's calls. For the most part, you can't go wrong with mid-level brands such as 5.11, Bellevilles or Magnums, they offer products both in 6" and 8". For higher-end stuff, like others already mentioned, there are Danners, Redbacks or Haix. In short, any recognized company that makes military/paramilitary gear, will usually have a decent selection.

P.S. Stay away from anything Big 5 or Sport Chalet.

VentMonkey likes this.
  10. NysEms2117

NysEms2117 Parole officer/EMT

Education:
    EMT
    Personally I like under armor(the top of the line boot by them) boots, however I never get them because of 5.11 and bates le discount.. So now I have both bates and 5.11 8 inch boots all side zip.

11. VentMonkey

Education:
    Paramedic
    Sound advice.

12. CALEMT

CALEMT The Other Guy

Education:
    EMT
    I prefer the FF111 Station Boots. If I had the room on the ambulance I would bring my Whites Smokejumpers for like my pal Desertmedic said those calls that we have to hike to get to.